Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quality time with Z

I took leave today.Sprained ankle.Went to see Dr Kluner, my new chiropractor.I miss my old one (dia dah blah balik Australia). Kalau Leigh ada, I balik dari treatment, mesti dah boleh berlari2 dan melompat2.Kluner is good but I guess I'll need time to get used to him.Lain orang, lain cara.

Anyway I sent Z and picked her from school.Dah lama tak main masak2/mak2. :))
It's quality time today.Byk cerita kelakar Z told me (we lunched at De 5 sebelum I went back to the Curve for treatment and shopping..sakan! It's been so long!)

Z told me they had guests at school today. One worked in advertising...the other a lecturer of a uni who wanted to promote her uni.She showed Stanford pic..saying it's the most contemporary uni..then showed Cambridge and said it's the most forward thinking uni. Then showed her uni and said this uni is both contemporary and fwd thinking. Budak2 kat belakang dah berbisik2 : wahhhh...buy one get two ahhh??? wahhhh go to one uni like going to two ahhh??

Lepas tu lecturer ni kata now what with swing flu....(swine bunyinya 'swing') Ayooooo.....I told Z that's being fwd thinking cos' even you guys are not familiar with the new pronunciation. Baru la fwd namanya! :))
Kawan dia bisik2 kat belakang "wahh..your England very da powerful ah?" (or something to this effect)

I don't know what to say...can we change language policy just because satu orang sudah terlepas masuk? And is intelligence or rather, should it be measured ONLY by how you speak? (or sound)

Minggu depan kita tau.

Z also said Nunu promised not to look down on Indian boys from the squatters who board the same sch bus as them cos' she was so touched by Slumdog Millionaire movie they both watched at home some time ago.Nunu said,"Aku tak nak benci mereka lagi walaupun mereka nakal.They could have come from that kind of background." Nunu plans to buy them foodlah, keropoklah, etc etc. Hahaha.I'm glad! (Z told me budak2 tu pernah buang baju PE dia keluar tingkap bas when she was asleep sebab she scolded them earlier for being so noisy.That's how ganas they are.And they are primary sch kids!These kids speak no English, no Malay.They go to Tamil sch.)

No comments: