Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday blues

It's hard to finish up reading a manuscript, due soon. Selagi ICC09 is not out of the way, it's hard to do anything.And today I cepat nak marah (walhal I've started eating..maybe this is the reason.Kejap je naik balik my weight.Sigh)

Attended Prof Kamal's talk on role of uni.I don't know what to say.We all know there are so many things to improve but who are going to be responsible.The right people were not present.
But I thought the questions which came from students were really good.

Horror of horrors...Anas put me on hot spot.He said I was to give a welcoming remark to an event in the presence of Tan Sri Fuzy Abd. Razak and some other impt people from the industries.I didn't even know what the event was for.Kalut betul.Nak marah pun ada kat budak2 ni buat kerja tak senonoh mcm ni (beritau kita on the 11th hour).Anas said my name dah all over.I said no one told me anything.He said nama I dah kat prog book.Grrgh! Had to go.On high heels terhencut2.Tangga stage Main Audi tu looked like Mt Kinabalu (I was going in my heart: can I make it? can I make it?)Tan Sri pulak suruh I jalan dulu.I had to tell him about my spine problem and why I was walking so slowly on my hi heels.Aiyooo....but he was such a gentleman (Nik kata dia ni dulu with Kementerian Luar Negara) and waited patiently.I wish all men were trained like him.Berapa ramai sanggup buka pintu knowing di belakangnya seorang wanita?

Onstage, I had to think fast what to say without wanting to look or sound stupid.Kerja macam mine ni macam nilah.Semua mcm short notice.I'm only on this job for a year, you know.They treat me like I've been 10 years. But syukur, I think I pulled through.Gave a short one about a war out there in which companies fight for talents...and how students should take the trouble to get work experience through internships.That or be left behind.Sapa punya idea setting up this WIEF? Tan Sri kata it came out masa OIC meeting in KL some 6 years ago.I think it's really far sighted and whoever who thought of it was a genius.I thought Waled of Saudi belonged to this group too but apparently they all are independent organisations but Tan Sri wants to connect in due time.I hope they'll do it.Our students will benefit if they have experience working abroad.

No comments: