Saturday, October 10, 2009

Of open houses, weddings and other kenduris

the bday boy

Playing a bday tune to the bday boy

Comel budak ni (Kamel's baby)

Me and Kamel: baru ini jumpa face to face (we met in Sang Kancil Forum, spoke on ph while I was in Ithaca and communicate via emails all these years, missed once or twice meeting in person..akhirnya 2009, in person!)



My detox prog failed.Simply impossible.Even at the uni, there are series of open houses (each office would do one).Ours will be on Tuesday.

It is now the weekend.Today je 3 (plus wedding reception and kenduri orang nak naik aji..my own sister's but I have to ask for an excuse.Someone in the family sakit mata..yikes! Z will have her SPM soon, Nik and me will have to meet so many people in the next week or two..nanti tergedik2 sakit mata, satu kerja pulak)
I met Yasmin Managing Director of Microsoft Malaysia.Her parents are my in laws' best friends (in fact Ayah Mud, Yasmin's dad, told me they attended our wedding in Raub). Yasmin is a very pretty and humble person. Read her here http://www.mis-asia.com/cio_focus/profiles/the-femme-factor-yasmin-mahmood I should have asked for her card...nak invite dia dtg inspire our female students (and OK, male students too...nanti Shaukat baca ni, dia marah! I found your paper, dude.So you and your 2 friends tak payah di re-examine. The papers were in my bag all along.Phew!)

Pagi2 lagi pi jumpa Kamel to have breakfast with her (she's returning to California next week and we had to squeeze whatever time we had cos' nanti tak jumpa langsung.Today's breakfast was the only time.Met her sis Kak Lin.Nak jadi kecoh, I thought someone curi my purse while we were busy taking pics by the pool.Rupa2nya I left it in my car (all night!) Phew.Rushed life.Itulah pasal.

Lunch hours pi attend Z's SASA award giving ceremony at HELP.She got sch. leaver's achievement award (worth RM12K) to do A-Level at HELP.We'll leave our options open.If there are better offers after her SPM results, we'll re-assess this option.Ambik dulu in case tak dapat scholarship or awards lain (you know how competitive it is and Z does not want to do medicine.Sapa nak bagi scholarship kalau nak buat course yang not in demand, kan?) Kak Lin wants Z to join her youth prog (her son went to Uganda and Norway on this) but after SPM lah baru nak fikir nak buat apa.
I'm exhausted.
Malam ni nak pi celebrate Nik's bday pulak.Kalau delay, dia merajuk. :))

3 comments:

Yati said...

Salam Dr Faridah..It has been a long time but I am still following your blog. I have 2 questions:
1. Your detox programme tu mahal tak?
2. Kamel's full name is Kamelyta ke? She looks like one Kamelyta that I know..we were in the same primary and secondary schools..

Faridah said...

Yati: Betul Kamel's real name is Kamelyta (what a small world!) Dia kawin orang putih dan sekarang tinggal dekat California.Dia balik USA Oct 21.You email la dia kat
kamelyta at gmail dot com.

Detox prog I tu: ya..mahal (sebab treatment is just not to lose weight but SEMUA.I went on the prog to avoid spine surgery.For a month I could not walk properly and was in great pain sebab of this spine problem.Doc dah nak drill my bone and potong sana sini.Silap buat I can go paralysed so I went on isogai treatment ni.Costnya : my 7 years savings.But as long as I can still walk and do things I like, what is 7 years' savings.Dengan izin Allah, I can run now.Semua dgn izin Allah.Before I decided to go on this treatment and part with my 7years' savings, I dah buat doa byk2.Minta izin Allah.Bila dah tetap hati baru I tutup mata and signed up.Bukan mudah, you.Nak part with puluh2 ribu yang EPF will not pay back!)

I'm trying to persuade my therapist supaya dia adjust the cost ie for those yang keen on doing detox prog je.Am still trying to pujuk dia cos' I think half of our health prob is our weight prob.Kalau dia setuju, I'll let you know.Kebanyakan treatment ni my therapist buat research over 10 years of hard work so I guess kita bayar for technology/knowledge transfer juga.Sebenarnya kebanyakan apa yang dia ajar I, Nabi/agama kita dah ajar! (my therapist bukan Islam and knows ntg abt the Prophet)
Yang begitu humbling ialah kelebihan pergerakan dalam solat kita (ini dalam isogai exercises! Isogai ni ancient medical treatment used by Japanese).Kalau ada masa, come and see me.Boleh borak panjang sikit (siap dgn gaya)

Yati said...

Thanks for the email. Nanti I contact dia.
I guess whatever you have spent berbaloi..can see the difference even in pics (belum jumpa in person lagi tu).
Come to think of it..actually there are many things that go back to our religion ya..subhanallah..kita yg tak really dig into it...
Insyaallah, nanti if berkesempatan I will drop by..