Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The world is getting crazier!

It's truly appalling that even secondary schools are ranked now in Malaysia! I don't think it's fair to thousands of schools with thousands of equally hard working, self sacrificing teachers! The funny thing is all the top 20 schools are elite schools, located in rich areas and they will get RM1 million every year.It will look like the rich will get richer and more privileged.I protest!

RM1 million.Man...if you throw that kinda money to rural schools, they can do better! Give that to schools like those in Taman Tun and Bukit Damansara, it'll be like throwing salt to the sea..the schools have performed based on support from rich parents...why spoil them further?

I hope our YBs will raise this issue in the parliament!

On my homefront...an area marked for Islamic school will be developed as a housing project .The application was put in by PKNS in 1997.If the project continues, this will kill all the trees the community planted last year.Ini satu project jahat! I protest!

7 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

well, i suppose dat's what 'he' means when 'he' said pncapaian diutamakan n dat it precedes rakyat didahulukan. hehehe.

jooli said...

I too protest! My hubby and I were talking about the unfairness of this aid over breakfast this morning. What a start to the day.

I wish the YBs would go to rural schools (minus the red carpet and long-winded speaches and promises plus refreshment) and see what they can do to assist these schools. Some of these schools do not have regular running water! In Pahang on top of that. However, the schools to get help are those with most of the students already being sent for tuition anyway!
I guess some forget that the rakyats do not just live in the upper end areas and go to better schools.

Faridah said...

xlan: even pencapaian in these schools is suspect.Iya ke betul bagus.Compared with students/schs yang perform tanpa bantuan mewah dari mana2.

My fren yang anaknya bersekolah di Bukit Dsara said but this is hak negara demokrasi and it's practised in negara2 maju (habis kita dah maju kebelaka2nya??)He said what I should raise is adakah gomen akan buat top 20 di kalangan sekolah2 luarbandar (and if I were giving scholarships, I would give to top students from these top rural schools sebab merekalah pencapai sebenarnya)

But I still think it's morally wrong to choose only 20 top schools (even uni pun ada top 500!)in addition giving RM1 million to rich schools.

I have contacted my local MPs (sebab ada sekolah in my area yang serba kurang).I hope you will do the same with yours.

Anonymous Devil said...

i think dis is all abt politics. if d riches think dat d gov has done well for them, they'll definitely support d gov. dat is one thing, but these rich ppl, they may hv strong influences over ppl around them. perhaps, they r lecturers, scholars, etc. n d ppl who look up to them wud mostly follow their lead. n yep, no worries, d votes are secured. ez.

Faridah said...

xlan: I don't think lecturers or scholars can influence the politicians.But to a certain extent ada juga lecturers/scholars yang beria-iya nak berpolitik.I think this is wrong.Intellectuals should be nonpartisan and highlight both sides of any issues.

Politics is fine but what is not fine is how it is abused (to oppress others)

Sokat said...

Capitalist kah ini?

jom buat movie pasal ni~! haha

Faridah said...

Betul Sokat..kadang2 I fikir juga if all these allocations sebab nak bangunkan capitalists...buat bangunan, beli lagi komputer itu ini...semua tu kan beri peluang pekerjaan kpd kontraktor2? Tak mengapa kalau memang kpd yang memerlukan: sekolah2 luarbandar dan yang kat ulu sabah sarawak..beli bot modern pun ada baik dari pasang air con kat bilik2 murid2 yang spoilt brats tu semua...kita dulu belajar bawah kipas pun takda hal.Kadang2 tak berkipas pun! Cerdik juga kan?

I hope they have better plans for rural kids/teachers.My heart goes to them.