Sunday, May 01, 2011

ceramah agama

I must share this with you.

Last night, we (me, Nik and Makoto) went to listen to Imam Imran Hosein's talk at the surau.Ramainya orang! And what was more surprising, anak2 muda yang mukanya bersih dan beriman.

I asked a guy near me, "where do these young people come from?"
He said he could not answer that (either dia tak tau atau he's part of the group and not telling.Haha).

So the good old Imam was telling us pasal the spreading of power (military) of the zionists, that the kecoh2 in the middle east memang dirancangkan (I told you so!) so that the seemingly kebangkitan Islam would be reason enough for tentera musuh to validate their military expansion atas dasar security and self defense against terrorism.The Imam quoted hadith and verses from the Quran to support his theory (of conspiracy).

A lot of questions from the guys during Q&A.I didn't want to embarrass him with my questions so I went to him after the talk when there was a smaller group (of men again). There I asked him: aren't you over-rating the strength of the Yahudi? It's as though the Muslims are not capable of taking charge...instead of submitting to the threat of the zionists, why can't we think of what to do next and be positive for once? We cannot be talking about the stagnant state we are in all the time..what are the ways to move forward, etc etc.

Lama juga dia termenung nak menjawab then he went on the old record: I do not see any Muslim leaders rejecting the current financial system, (I kata maybe at the same time, we should also be thinking about working on our science and technology..think of innovation..and not think that the financial system is all there is in life to save Islam..)

Tapi he continued to speak on pasal duit, hahaha.
I also do not agree with him attacking Harun Yahya like that.He may not agree with Harun Yahya but Harun Yahya cannot be wrong all the time (he's a well-respected writer with lots of followers in the Muslim world).It's OK to difffer in thoughts..attack the ideas NOT the man.

But I still like the good old Imam.Bought his travelogue book (siap dapat autograph dia dedicated to me..I told him to write "For Faridah" in the book.Heh).Hubby bought Jerusalem in the Quran (asked the Imam to write Nik's name too.He asked Nik what? Pandai pulak dia! I said Nik Affendi.He said ahh..so he's from Kelantan.Hmm alahai,he's gone local!)

Must catch Harun Yahya pulak.There's a write up saying he's schizophrenic.Macam2lah.

2 comments:

jooli said...

Imran hussein is talking at a friend's house tonight, & I might just go. (Letih, baru balik umrah, sunday). I listened to him several years ago, very conversant & humorous as well. It was about Islamic banking & I think that's his pet subject. He said we should not save in the banks, as they all practice usury. Made a lot of sense. I forgot to ask him where he stashes his money. I might ask him tonight.

Faridah said...

Jooli: this comment must have come pretty late.Sorry to have not seen it earlier.So did you ask him? Dia ni belongs to old school of thought but still, no harm listening.Ada juga benda yang tepat assessment dia but we cannot take him as 100% correct.