Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Intelligent women in Malaysia


For all my female academic leader friends


There's a gathering of female academic leaders this week which was supposed to be officiated by Datin Sri Paduka Rosmah Mansor but she didn't turn up for reasons known only to herself and sent the Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Dato Saifuddin, a favourite of many women..er..I mean of many academics.Saifuddin ni pun kuat perasan..every opening sokmo cakap dia dulu hensem. :)) Whatever.Orang Pahang memang weird.Bukan salah ibu mengandung.

I wasn't part of the organising comm but was invited to chair a session.Nak cerita scenes belakang tabir pun tak molek but let me put this waylah ya, women should support each other NO MATTER what.If we find a lack, we must be quick to assist cos' do not expect the men to assist us up (they will only assist us up when they prefer the up position..maaf cakap but I kadang2 geram juga...but I will not say more.The clan and I have decided to push for real reforms for women in the academe.This would require kesepakatan.Jgn jadi ketam dalam raga.We need to hold each other's hands, everyone's in the circle.Gitu).

I also learnt not to judge too quickly..women who I thought were so sombong, clannish/clickish had many good points in them which were humbling.Today, I simply had to go up to a couple of these smart women and shake hands with them cos' I was so inspired (and so humbled walaupun wajah2 wanita ini sokmo masam...macam siapa? Haha).

I took a room last nite at the hotel sbb my chairing was early this morning ~ tak kuasa nak meredah jam PJ-KL.Nik joined me late in the evening.Kira honeymoon la gitew. :)

I will jot some interesting insights (later when I find the time) by Prof Malik Badri on seeing with all the senses esp. heart (which has its own memory). Heart should govern mind.Heart should be pure.That would be a typical sufi reading.

As always, women's conference is like a beach holiday for me.

No comments: