Sunday, August 04, 2013

26th day of Ramadan

Only two ADUNs and two councillors came but was a brutally frank dialogue
Community activists from Petaling Jaya bergabung to make PJ 
the most livable city in the country
I sempat mereka cipta pudding oreo-cocktail fruits mixed ini utk suami tercinta 
sbb dia berbuka with my Mom and Bibik je


...which is actually mlm 27 ramadan, often associated with lailatul qadr.I had to iftar out again. I thought of just showing my face, have a quick dinner and go home to my surau.

But no...God had a grander design for me.The MC fell and had to be rushed to ER on the Ground Floor ( yup..we were on Floor 7 of a private hospital near my home). Jeff and Eileen  asked if I could cover as the mc.I said what.I'm clueless, I said.They briefed me and I was on.I changed a bit the prog cos' takda slot berhenti solat.Then I gave a little intro of berbuka and pasal waktu doa paling makbul...ahaks...you'd be surprised ramai kawan2 bukan Islam kita tak tau.At another function,a friend yg dah umur 60 stg pertama kali berbuka puasa.Tonite was no different.It's a nice feeling being culturally connected.I found a new friend,V.Kita nak set up a new task force for PJ in addition to the 6 proposed by Jeff and gang (David and I met after all those email exchanges.He said he was so curious to meet me in person.Sebab I je yg selalu responded to his emails.Dia ni mcm Jeff Ooi lah.Would do the extra mile to bring order to the society.) In fact I met many new friends, ADUNs and councillors and community activists.One chap from Bar Council is working on safety and says we need to reclaim back the country.I like.I like.Rasa mcm nak retire early and do this full time.

Tazkirah

Nik said ustaz mlm ni was from Kedah.He reminded everyone how to stay consistent after Ramadan in our ibadah:

1. Sekurang2nya solat berjemaah 2 waktu sehari : Subuh and Isyak (with your pasangan and anak2).Ini semua utk mendidik hati.Hati yg hitam tak rasa apa bila buat dosa.If we have lost that,naya kita.I ingat Prof Kamal said recently the heart of the problem is with the problem of the heart.Sufi,kan?

2. Baca Quran daily walaupun sebaris ayat.

3. Solat di masjid and dekati diri dgn masjid.

4.Banyakkan dengar tazkirah dan menghadiri majlis ilmu agama.Nak cuci hati yg berkarat ni bukan senang.

Not much to ask for, right? Bukan suruh pergi berperang pun. My best wishes as we finish up our ibadah puasa di bulan yg sungguh permai ini.

No comments: