Saturday, September 27, 2014

Nawaitu

...saumarghadin...not.

I had the hunch already this morning that something good would happen as I weighed between attending the unionist meeting at MU and the conference on Islamic Advertising at IIUM and chose IIUM conference.Could have done both but I decided to spend half a day je to write my article for En. Li kita.I went  to show support for my colleagues in Comm Dept in addition to my own interest in the subject matter..visual arts kan? tak jauh beza than what we tried to do in IWFF.Nawaitunya sama.

My hunch was if we had good intentions, the good boomerang would return to us.But what happened was beyonnnnnndddd my imagination and for that alhamdulillah.

What exciting, well- meaning speakers (and personalities...the 'guru' of advertising pernah masuk ISA! I think as we spoke, terasa ada sama wave lengthnya.Gamaknya generasi sama...the other speaker vocabnya pun very 70ish and 80ish...discotheque...kah kah..I think kids today say clubbing).

At least three things they'd do as an aftermath of the conference and I doakan menjadi.But I got invited to an Oct function and self invited me to the other function by OIC when the good old Dato said he was planning for something in Nov..only by invitation...I said pls invite me yah.Muka tak tau malu...tak tau diuntung (ahaks) but tak kisah...kita nak belajar so kita boleh ajar students kita pulak.
There are good vibes in these great minds.I'm here to learn.

Part 2 Nawaitu

As I sat to write my article, Bibik rushed upstairs to remind me that I had to pick up Seiki from KL Sentral by 8.00.There went my writing hours! Nik pulak demam so I had to drive over alone.I took Bibik along cos' after dropping Seiki off, sure dah lewat malam.

Found him on a different level..lucky I found a good parking lot and the guard was kind enough not to chase me away while I waited for an empty space.
Problems at the hotel counter...haiyo I told them..can they be more customer-friendly and let Seiki cancel one night? He booked online and was told he had to cancel online as well.Apa ke ngok sgt depa ni...benda belum berbyr.But after much persuasion, they let Seiki checked in for the length of stay he wanted.Monday their boss will sort out the one day thingy.

We went to have a drink and supper at one of the hotel restaurants.Kata Bibik kawan Ibu baik ya..dia dengar je cakap Ibu (he asked me about makanan halal and stuffs on Islam).Kata Bibik Seiki tekun mendengar.I said orang terpelajar,Bik.Mereka terbuka kpd perbedaan budaya tanpa ada rasa prejudis.That's what I like about Seiki.A real scholar.

No comments: