Friday, August 24, 2018

Selamat Hari Raya Aidul Adha

We took 2 days off KL to be in Raub for the qurban. Mcm biasa, masjid buat makan but this year, breakfast pun was provided for, not only lunch. Our lembu was so garang.Tahun ni lembu kurus-kurus but bila dilapah, banyak pulak isinya. Alhamdulillah and we got more sebab orang masjid agih-agihkan lagi daging2 orang lain tu. Sepatutnya tak payah. I ended up distributing to a few houses (sedara mara) bila balik KL cos' we are trying to cut down red meat also.Semoga ibadah qurban semua diterima Allah.

The best part about raya is of cos' family get together. I have not seen most of them for almost a year.Tau2 dah masuk uni. Tau2 dah nak kawin. Ijat and Afif dah masuk uni. Like oh wow..mcm semalam je baru kenduri berkhatan. Big boys already.

I got to know the smaller ones. New toy : Seth. My god, he's so funny! We must make it a point to see them more. We went for a family picnic at the newly open river picnic spot Jeram Bangking. Air tak dalam, tak byk batu. And air sejuk gila. My nephews and cucu sedara took good care of me going down the river slopes. Bagus mereka ni..hormat orang tua. :)

Went to visit my parents' and sisters' pusara. Waktu afdal is after asar Khamis till sebelum asar Sabtu but I can only go Khamis pagi. I hope my mom and dad were "home" and heard my salam.Miss them a lot waktu2 macam ni. And we pi kutip buah durian which my mom dok tanam "for anak cucu makan". Akhirnya hajatnya dimakbulkan Allah..memang anak cucu makan di Jeram Bangking (the kebun is now given to Eishah but she has kindly allowed the buah to be eaten by all).

Then we called two tukang urut to Long's house. One for me (lady), one (man) for Nik. Ni yang best bila balik Raub. It's like a holiday. :) At this age, it's important to look after ourselves.Jgan dok sibuk mengejar duit sehingga health diabaikan. The body needs servicing ..mcm kereta so put aside some money for that.And do it on a regular basis.

And be very careful with that daging qurban intake these next few days. Selamat Hari Raya. Bak kata Ustaz on the radio tadi, it is not about sup daging/sup ekor. It's a day to remind us that that lembu could have been us. So say thank you Allah for Your mercy and kindness.

No comments: