Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Mevlana Prog in Konya

I'm in my 2nd week on Mevlana Exchange prog at Selcuk Uni in Konya. Selcuk Uni is the largest uni in Turkey in terms of student population (around 80K) and the campus is also sprawling. Konya was the capital city of the Seljuk Empire and Rumi lived and died here.

I went to visit his tomb (which was closed under renovation) so tak nampak sgt le but the rest were open. The sufi settlement/quarters were nicely reconstructed and we had an insight of what it was like living in the sufi commune - dok berzikir for 1001 days. Yang rajin bawak I jalan2 were a group of Msian-Sporean-Turkish students/staff. Rata mrk bawak - Selli, hills and gardens around Konya. The butterfly park was something I enjoyed most. It was constructed by Msian architects and engineers.

By Wedns (I arrived Konya on Sunday), Yusuf bawak I ke Ankara to meet a few Rectors, Deputy Rectors and people from the Education Ministry. SubhanaAllah, God made my job easy via Yusuf's network. I naik fast train from Konya to Ankara..about 1.5 hour.Sampai sana dah ada org ambik.Tidur hotel Taj Mahal. Bagus network mrk ni.After a hectic day in Ankara, we flew to Istanbul for the conference on Islam and Science. I spoke twice. First as a welcoming note rep IIUM/Msia, then as one of the keynotes.

Byk lagi.Sambung later.

No comments: