Sunday, February 27, 2022

Novella, novelette, novel

 Finally it is done. You may want to see it as a novella. I'm  OK if you want to call it a novel. A short one.

But I hope I captured part of the Rawaness in a certain part of Pahang. I took what was mine.Some what was not mine (I read and used some of the materials I read. Or stories shared with me. Or stories I imagined happen)

10 people are reading it. I'm curious over what they have to say. The work is far from perfect. I went through a lot in the making of the book (since 2016? 2017?). Long delays here and there. I got sick. Loved ones died. Pandemic. Lockdown. Crazy work place which did a non stop micromanagement. I was demoralised. I got lazy. I had lots of excuses not to write. But I picked up the pen. Read. Wrote. Read.Wrote.

It was an amanah. 3 of my close friends died. One of covid. Two others of heart attack.

So when I concluded my work last Friday, I certainly felt relieved. Mahu tidak. This thing has been haunting me day and night. Lots of prayers too.

Soon I will hear from my reviewers and possibly critics (I'm OK).

I do not want to be a novelist ever again. It is hard work.

No comments: