Friday, September 21, 2012

Walking down memory lane

 To my Liverpudlian alums: can you remember
what this was before? I remember the uni bookshop

 Mulberry Court: that way ==>

 ahhh..my Mulberry Court..now gated!

 The Victorian Building is now partially a museum

 From Vanessa's office on Level 4

 Pakcik Mat Nor yang banyak berjasa menjual
daging/ayam halal kpd kita

 Kedai Pakcik Multan

 Another fav. spot on Bold Street

 In discussion with Vanessa in her office

 Albert Dock

 Must return again for this

 and we love you, yeah yeah yeah

 Bold Street as it is

Bold Street at sunset


Z was still busy so Nik and I decided to travel to Liverpool to meet up with some friends there.I had arranged to meet up with Vanessa to discuss some possible jv projects and Pakcik Mat Nor said he'd be at home for us to visit.

Brunch at Kenwood Hall. We will stay here again.Such a lovely place, really.Dulu Marriott Hotel.

At Liverpool, I saw how the uni and city grew..it's the fastest growing city outside London (economically speaking).The uni itself had grown so pretty, clean and huge.I hardly recognise much of the buildings.Mulberry Court (my residence hall) would soon be knocked down to make way for a nicer-looking building.Pakcik Multan is still alive but the shop had moved to a different location (same row) and met the wife.Told her to thank Pakcik Multan for all the years he sold us snacks etc (walaupun dia ni grumpy but dia tak pernah kasar dgn I.Rita yang selalu kena.Haha.Must tell Rita, pakcik dia masih hidup)

Then went to visit Pakcik Mat Nor at L8.Itupun dah jauh berubah.The city bukan sahaja bertenaga, clean but warm.We went to Albert Dock..ahhh..sweet sweet memories..ada sesuatu terlekat di kerongkong.Pakcik Mat Nor took us to Bold Street.Nostalgicnya...my fav. Greek pizza restaurant dah tak da but I saw it at a different corner of the city.Mattas is still there..now the son is taking care of the grocery shop.

Maghrib kita start bertolak ke Manchester to visit Jono and Din, NZ friends now working in Manchester.Met Yam (Jono's wife) who prepared us a nice dinner.Walaupun we had eaten at Pakcik Mat Nor's, sebab Yam pandai sgt masak..kita tanpa segan silu went for a second round.Nice just talking about life both abroad and at home.Sampai lupa hari dah lewat nak balik ke Sheffield!

Sampai midnite.We came through the Peak District (the Snake Pass) from Sheffield..phuiyoo...bahaya jalan ni but very scenic.Masa nak pi rumah Jono, gps gila tu ikut jalan kampong..dlm hati I apa Jono buat duduk dlm semak ni (the road was dark, narrow and kiri kanan hutan/lalang) We thot sudah sesat.Then dgn tidak semena2 ada pulak toll (25 pence).I dgn Nik tergamam..sampai budak toll tu tanya are you alright there? I stupidly asked, "do we have to pay?" Haha.Bdk tu gelak je..yes, he said..25 pence.Yam kata sebab ada private bridge kat situ.Macam2.

Masa nak balik, kita buang gps and harapkan Jono punya instructions je.Dialah gps sebenarnya. We found our way back to Sheffield without much trouble.Semoga Allah berkati mereka semua.

Well, long day for me.I'll put the pics later.

No comments: