Saturday, January 13, 2007

Birthday Treat 2007


It was 2 days late (cos' I had been busy with the Folk Theatre and this morning's Creative Writing Workshop with Sharon Bakar so Jan 11 went by quietly.Nik and Z gave me a very sweet bday card.They didn't forget but I was too busy to go out)


Before I give you an account of my bday celebration at the Chalet, Equatorial Hotel, KL, I must record my appreciation of the wonderful creative writing w/shop Sharon did with my students today.It was truly fun...and I think the students learnt much. I'd share with you some of the stuffs which I wrote in class in a while (great job, Sharon! Thanks for inspiring us all)


But for now, I must tell you what a great place the Chalet is for bday and anniversary celebrations.

It's Swiss cuisine for a change. And they have nice Filipino trio playing on strings, serenading you for whatever occasion you want.Since it's my bday, they played me not only a bday song but a Beatles fav. Oh wow! Then came in the bday cake and a staff took a pic of me cutting the cake. Enclosed is the pic they gave me (and some roses as we were leaving!) You guys must mark this place (it's ranked 3rd best restaurant in Msia by the Tatlers..I don't know what the two others are) for your bday/anniversary..it's worth the money!


I have never felt like a Princess before...but this place made me one (thanks to my wonderful husband, Nik)


8 comments:

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

HAPPY BELATED B'DAY!!!!
may u hav more wonderful years to come so we can have more trips to CHALET. LOL!!!

Faridah said...

Thanks to Francis and family for this link http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=252934104&m=9700&rr=y&source=yahoo999

syima said...

I didnt know it was ur birthday! was it on the 11th?

Happy belated birthday Dr Faridah, may u have a wonderful life ahead, insyaallah

syima

Faridah said...

Yes, I kept it a secret cos' we were still doing our bits for Folk Theatre (you did very well with your team.Congrats!)I didn't want people to focus on me.Imagine if the whole auditorium sang happy bday Dr. Faridah...eeeiiii...malunya..one by one will ask how old? ha ha.

Yup, I share the same birth date with Siti Nurhaliza (Jan 11).Only a different year.Glamour, gitu. :))

But the best bday gift for me was you kids had done well in the whole Folk Theatre thingy (my biggest worry was this lah of all the other activities cos' we worked under so many constraints -- finance, time, infrastructure, moral support)

I'm sure you and friends believe now that you can move the world if only you stay focused and be goal-oriented, kan?

Itu la pasal.

syima said...

hehe how old are u aaa?

=P

Faridah said...

Call me "kakak". Heh heh.

jb said...

Still not to late to wish you a happy birthday. Hmmm still young ba ... didnt see any wrinkle ley ... ;)

Faridah said...

jb, boleh I belanja you kopi? Ha ha.Thanks.But the bones semua dah berbunyi! lutut pun dah ketat.