Thursday, July 12, 2007

Home

I've been home almost 3 weeks now.Not a min passed without me doing something or going somewhere.I was there for my mom's second angio.She's with me cos' she has some physio sessions for one whole month.

Chan is also here visiting from Hanoi.Last night I was at Tun Musa Hitam's talk at Sunway Resort Hotel.He gave some new perspectives on FELDA and how it slowed down rural-urban drift and helped with rural development.Issues on race and class were raised openly.KJ was there too, looking like some Bollywood movie star.He spoke very good English but nampak very young and his thinking was also very young. :))

2 comments:

ummahzy said...

It's nice to hear that someone cares about development in rural areas. I know very little about what's going on except for all the construction i see in KL, lines for LRT and traffic! I'm just "passing through", but if I was going to stay on longer I would definitely move away from the big city because its just getting to be too much like a sardine can. When people tell me that all this "development" is really recent, I daydream about what the old KL looked like.

I'd love to see some photos.

Faridah said...

I think Tun Musa Hitam is the man to talk to about rural development in Malaysia.

I thought I saw a book on old KL in one of the bookshops, somewhere.You may want to check local bookshops in KL/PJ.