Our Rao Raub whatsapp group sometimes is a big help in providing info on Raos in Raub (basically di kg2 sekitar Raub like Dong, Temau, Sengkela, Gesing,Gali and Semantan).
Today's finding was on descendants of the two Saka brothers (siblings nya ramai but we focus on two today) iaitu Nantian Saka (my family's jalur) and Tujuan Saka.Of cos' itu bkn nama mrk sebenar. Zaman perang, people don't use their real names.
Anyway, I found out that people I thought were just neighbours or family friends were actually descendants of Tujuan Saka.No wonder my family members often tease me that I resemble one of my mom's close friends/neighbours.Rupa2nya her great grandfather and my mom's were siblings. I don't think even my mom knew this.
I have been talking to her son, Azam Hussein as anak Mak De Mitai, neighbour and ex senior at sch.Now we know.
Begitu juga with anak another neighbour whose parents I thought were just good friends of my parents.Mrk juga dari jalur Tujuan Saka. When I met Rosli Jalil to interview him in 2016 for my Rawa research, I didn't knw then the two Saka brothers were our great grandparents.About 5 or 6 generations away. The looks, the humour, the hospitality were so Saka.haha.
Another finding is Makcik Normah, Kak Ji's mom.Also descendant of Tujuan Saka.Her brother, Azman is one of my husband's close friends.What a small world.
I think lesson learnt here is, if you are se kampung, se district, chances of being related to each other is very, very high.
Kalau balik kg, senyum dan tegur orang bila berlaga bahu. :))
No comments:
Post a Comment