Friday, April 21, 2006

The book is out!

Syukur alhamdulillah, my first book of poetry is now out. When Daud (my printer, also my brother-in-law) rang up to say the books were ready, I rushed to collect.Laa..40 copies only.The rest were still at his "kilang".

But I sold what I could. My husband bought the first 5 copies (dia ada juga minta discount). My daughter sold a copy to her school library (the deal was she'd get a certain percentage and she's eager because she's working on finding her own money to buy her regular teenage mag which I'm not sponsoring anymore).

Bila pi kerja yang paling best.Pantang jumpa kawan! "You wanna buy my book?" But I managed to sell quite a bit.Friends at IIUM are very supportive.Ada yang beli sampai 2 copies.Nak bagi kat kakak.How sweet!

The lady at the post office pun hampir jadi mangsa as she saw me busy mailing copies to my reviewers. "Kak tulis sendiri ke buku ni kak?" Iya, nak beli? :))

The media has been kind too (not Nik's connection.Nik is too busy to introduce me to his media network).It helps knowing a few in the circuit.Ni tengah memikir macamana nak masuk TV.Rancangan Nona ke Nyonya ke saya tak kisah.

Would it not be nice to have a slot just to discuss new books on TV and radio? Otherwise, how can our nation be a K-based nation?

4 comments:

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

Start sponsoring my teens mags again!!!!!!

badly drawn boy said...

salaam
this the first book i receive from the author herself,Terima Kaseh! educating,intriguing,simple and nice,tales and stories of different times in a creative and honest views!,..the best of it is the malay version. really resonates the english one-quote Dr Keith Fanicher

respect!
y r k u s

Faridah said...

Thank you badly drawn boy.It's hard to guess who you are but thanks for the warm support.'Dr. Keith Fanicher' should be spelt 'Dr.Keith Foulcher'. You know how sensitive people can be with names wrongly quoted/spelt. My father's name is often spelt Manap when it's actually Manaf.I always cringe when I see that! :)

Faridah said...

I never knew that we already had book review slot on RTM and my book was reviewed last week in Resensi.This according to the Penerbit who I got to know through one of the TV presenters during one interview with RTM.Thanks Syed! Let's hope I get to speak live about the book soon! I have to sell all copies soonest I can so that I can start on my next project (on women in prison).Projek2 exciting macam ni kena self-publish but kalau ada sesiapa nak sponsor, just beep!Just remember, I do things MY way. :))