Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Frontliners O Frontliners

Has it ever occurred to you that we may represent our organisations no matter what we do and where we are? Even when we are not in our working attire?

I think employers should be smart about who they employ as frontliners.By that I mean staff who meet the public first: security guards, telephonists, receptionists, secretaries, cafeteria owners, etc etc.
But I think very few organisations care about their frontliners.Very often they are ill-paid, ill-attired and most importantly, ill-trained. I have come across many in my day-to-day dealing with prime organisations in our country.The so-called 'corporate organisations' which actually are still populated by former government civil servants.I would have thought that once they have changed their status as 'corporation', steps would be taken to train their staff to live up to the corporate world expectations: efficiency, alertness, having informed and courteous staff as well as those values you dream of as a customer wanting the best service money can pay.

I don't want to name names but Selangor has a long way to go if it wants to maintain its status as a developed state (status negeri maju). Frontliners are very important...money should be spent to train them. If there is one organisation I so admire, it would be EPF.It takes only one ring to get someone to speak on the other end.

Smile as you answer your phone. And know your stuff well!

No comments: