Friday, October 13, 2006

Selamat Hari Raya

It's still Ramadan but the Raya atmosphere is here as long lost friends begin to pour in their raya wishes and remind me of Raya during student days abroad.Saniah claimed I love to cry on Raya.The funny thing is I DON'T remember crying at all! Tapi impossible juga kalau tak menangis. :)

Then Badri wrote to say Kak Yasmin's and Abang Nizam's son is now doing his Master's at IIUM.I quickly rang him up.We both don't know each other.He was so small when I was in NZ but I know his Kiwi Dad sent him to sekolah pondok in Indonesia so anak orang putih ni bukan saja boleh cakap Arab, English tetapi Melayu juga.Masa Raya kat NZ dulu, rumah mak dialah kita lepak sebab it's one of the few Malay homes in town.

Lepas tu Dr A pulak wrote saying he took my advice to perform hajj while young cos' hajj is not for the old.He goes to Makkah almost yearly now.I have not heard from him for so long (since 2000) so it's nice to know he's still alive. Dia kawan Noraini at Monash so N and I had some laughs today over our student days,suka berkelahi dengan boys. :))

This year my raya will be biasa sahaja.I have decided to spend it with my mom first cos' she's 73 this year.I usually spend it with Nik's family in PJ and after lunch balik Raub and spend a week there.But mom says she needs me malam raya.She says that every year so this year,I will do as she wishes.But it will mean I have to rush back to KL to spend it with Nik's family pulak.Hmmph.Balik awal KL boring sebab people will still be away...open houses won't start so soon.

For those celebrating raya here's my e-card for all of you (cut and paste to view).Maaf zahir batin.

http://www.heartsincards.com//index.php?step=pickup&cs_id=e88283219fe9052

4 comments:

Nashé Abdillah said...

Dr. Faridah,

Salam Aidilfitri. Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

Fynn Jamal said...

Dearest loveliest mentor,
Dr. Faridah.

Eid Mubarak and have a blissful Syawal.

Fynn, your poetic looney ex-student.

p/s: the one who wrote about May 13th, if you cant remember who i am. *wink*

syima said...

Dearest Dr.Faridah,
Eid Mubarak.
Maaf Zahir Batin.

I'm one of your student in MSL class this semester. will be taking the final exam for this paper next week.

I am one of the group member who wrote on Kee Thuan Chye.

Been enjoying your classes throughout the semester extremely. I am surely going to miss ur classes, very very much!!!

I've linked your site to mine, i hope u dont mind. Love visiting here and read sorts of things. Wish I could do the same.

Going to miss you and your motherly advises. Thank you sooo much!

Hugs,
Syima Benl 4th year

Faridah said...

Salam to Nashe, Fynn and Syima,

Raya baru nak mula back in KL ni.I take leave sampai final exam nak start on the 5th.Woii..I really need the break.Rasa macam hampas tebu every semester.Cuti mid sem pun kena panggil buat itu ini (itu pun I tak pegang admin post and I hope I will never!)

I have tonnes of new books I need to read.Just need to find a quiet corner somewhere.I hope you guys had a nice time over Raya.I was at my mom's 2 days before Raya.I la tukang masak, tukang cuci.My sisters pandai tahun ni..balik lewat.Usually depa la yang siapkan segala2nya utk pagi raya. :))Anyway, it was good I belajar2 turun ke dapor.The kuah kacang my eldest sister terpaksa 'repair' balik sebab tak sedap.But the satay goreng was my work.So proud of it!