Thursday, December 10, 2009

Poetry reading at ISTAC

Thanks to Rohani Yusoff, I was invited to read my poems at ISTAC today but what a rushed life.Tak sempat nak kendong buku2 I nak jual. Opportunity lost. :) Anyway it was fun.Dgn izin Allah the audience was very diverse.We had scholars from Muhammadiyah Uni, Yogyakarta (Rectornya pun present, babe) and ISTAC scholars termasuk Dr. Omar (American revert tu).I had nice questions and they showed their kind appreciation of my jottings (which I call poems).

I wish I brought my Malay ones but in a world like ours (where the medium of instruction of an Islamic institution is ironically English) I am always doubtful of the usage of Malay in such a setting (can't be sure if the audience would be Malay speaking or not).Isn't this terok?

No comments: