Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Such is life

The long weekends saw a very colourful wedding of one of our favourite nephews (who's the life of the family cos' he's so funny and witty).Z played 3 songs on her violin (2 of the songs the live band tolong iringkan.Nasib baik cos' dah mula nak sumbang.She had not touched her violin for almost a year!) Then Aiman and she read the translated version of a wedding poem (which was a doa actually)Maher wrote and recited in Arabic (I brought home Maher from Yemen and Hassan from Mozambique, to give them the experience of a Malay wedding.They helped carry tembaga hantaran and helped merenjis2 kedua mempelai).

Tak sempat joined the family's postmortem (I heard them laughing so much as they did it.Cerita who was responsible for eating choc. hantaran from Australia and how ibu pengantin ~ our second sister ~ dok marahkankan everyone.Masa the majilis yassin and marhaban at my mom's, byk benda tak kena (don't know where she had placed all the senduk2!).Nasib not so many people for the morning session but the food was good.

Pak Ngah arrived just in time for the merenjis2.Quite touching to see him hugging his two boys (Pak Ngah was my former bro in law.Depa bercerai many years ago.His kids were raised by my mom especially the pengantin lelaki who continues to live with my mom when everyone has left home). Pak Ngah was a good bro in law.I remember how he bought me my first roller skates and who would have guessed that his marriage was already on the rocks on my wedding day (he was the family photographer).His family (mother, siblings) pun came to the wedding (hubungan keluarga kami masih erat.In fact I think my sis and him still love each other tapi apakan daya, masing2 dah kawin lain)

I left immediately after the wedding (bibik tinggal to kemas rumah).I slept early sebab sangat penat (tak buat apa pun except to collect the wedding cake and budak2 UIA tu).So when I woke up this morning to read Mek's sms about my mom's health status, I was really in a shock. She's getting worse and when Kak Ngah rang me up sobbing..I thought she had died.Then she told me what the doc told her in the last check up (before the wedding) and how she was made to keep it a secret.My mom pun tak tau.

I went to work feeling very stressful.Tiba2 tengok someone parked at my carpark pulak.Lagi tensi! Then tengok2 one of the ustaz (a friend quite close to me).I got into a battle of words with him! Then he sms-ed me.I text-ed back.But in the end kami saling maaf memaafkan.Kelakar betul! Tapi jgn main2 bila dah tensi. Kawan boleh jadi musuh. I'm glad Ustaz ni faham my situation (I told him.But at the same time told him lain kali jgn la ambik space orang.He said sekejap je sebab nak angkat barang conference.On normal days, I would have been much more patient.Silap hari daa but he's so kind that he said he'd do a special prayer at the mosque for my mom.Isn't that sweet?)

My sisters will bring my mom to KL.She is not fit to live alone (dah berbuih mulut kita cakap.My youngest kadang2 would just bundle her up and take her to her place in Pekan).I hope we can all look after her.

Sama-sama kita berdoa that she'll live a while longer.I'm cancelling all my vacation plans.Z is so disappointed but I explained to her the situation.When things have settled down, she can go (at least to Singapore)

5 comments:

dill said...

I hope she will get well soon. Let's pray together.

Faridah said...

Thanks Dill.She's warded at HUKM now.Take care of your mom.Sometimes we are too busy, we forget.

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Semoga your mom cepat sembuh.Amin!Amin!Nak call my mom sat.Baru teringat.

Faridah said...

drbubbles: jaga mak tu.Gf boleh cari lain, mak tu sorang tu je.Make sure she buat her blood tests.nanti tau2 itu dah rosak, ini dah kong.If detected early, panjang sikit ikhtiarnya.

My gal dah habis SPM.Tadi dia pi tolong MERCY.Pagi lagi dah bangun.Selalu jam 12 noon.I rang to ask bagus ke volunteer work dia tu (kira duit syiling!)..she said she nak balik.Hahaha.Biarlah dia merasa susah hidup ni.

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Alamak blushing I bila kata gf boleh cari lain.hehehe..

hehehe..kesian Z.