Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Sumpah

I felt very feudal today.Got up very early to redah jam cos' I wanted to listen to Raja Nazrin speak at DBP. And I arrived early. Had time to buy books on sasterawan and a book on Adibah Amin (apparently it was a thesis before).

The titah was on upholding Bahasa Melayu as bahasa pentadbiran, bahasa intelektual, bahasa ekonomi dan bahasa dunia. It was well-presented and all. The exciting story is my conversation with two ladies on IIUM. And somehow we got to discuss Anwar Ibrahim.Lady A asked me how he was.I gave her my opinions..that AI and M was a good team and that AI contributed much to the growth of IIUM..Lady A said no..I meant did he...I said I would not go tht way..you'd need 4 witnesses before you could say anything, I said.She said there were more than 4 witnesses..many people saw the videos, she said.Lady B said her sister's friend knew Wan Azizah and she used to confide in her..there are issues, she said.Also, Lady B said AI would not bersumpah on the Quran.That shows he's not innocent.

I didn't want to quarrel (we were having lunch) but hoboy...I think our GE didn't lie. Remember the Turkish research which pointed to how educated Muslim women in 3 Muslim countries were clueless and didn't know the shariah? The study should be done here too! AI is not maksum but people judge him more than others..itu I cannot faham. And since when sumpah pakai Quran is a determiner of one's innocence?

AI will never be our PM but he will be remembered longer than his enemies, him as a reformist, man of courage whose imprisonment didn't break him or his soul.








No comments: