Wednesday, December 07, 2016

End of year

So many good people died this year. Nik's stepbrother Azman died in Perlis at such a young age.Dr Aldila passed away yesterday and I just heard one of my fb friends also died in a car accident (hit and run). Muka ketiga-tiganya sangat bersih dan sentiasa tersenyum. From fb, ucapan takziah mencurah2. How you live is how you die.Semoga bila tiba masanya, people have only good things to say of me walaupun mulut saya tiada insurance.

Macam semalam.I had to speak up when decisions made by my Dean were questioned by big bosses and not so big bosses. Benda2 remeh patut ckp belakang pintu ofis je le.Tak payah nak bising2 in public meeting and I had to stop it by requesting that we focus on REAL issues.Issuesnya publication and research kita bad.Address that.How tu kena muafakat.Penat la kalau pi kerja org asyik nak tunjuk upmanship ni (tak kira le lelaki or wanita).Like do we choose to be here at all? I told my Boss..go to sleep believing that we had given our best.Mmg la we are not totally innocent (for that Boss I dah minta maaf) but hey, life is short - just move on.

Nazir Idris' bday last night. Bukan dia kisah orang kasi hadiah ke hapa.He just wants to play on the ipad.But still adorable. His dad told us a funny story.Pakcik yang jaga rumah anak yatim tu asked him if he could teach English at the orphanage. Khairil asked kenapa pakcik ingat saya boleh ajar English? Pakcik tu cakap: sebab mu nampok international sikit. We laughed mcm nak runtuh rumah. Khairil is half Chinese but sekali pandang mmg mcm orang putih.Khairil said okaaayyy...when do we start? (melawak je tu)

And now earthquake in Acheh.I hope my friends there selamat semuanya.

No comments: