Monday, November 13, 2017

Farhan

As I enter the convo environs at IIUM Gombak, I tiba2 rasa sebak. Today would mean so many things to so many people whose children, grandchildren, brothers/sisters are graduating. Farhan is one of them. Sal and Daud would be beaming with joy, maybe lots of tears too. Farhan was our reliable driver when Mak or Irshad was going in and out hospitals. There were days Sal or I would be so tired to send mak to dialysis so all we did was call Farhan to pick or send mak or teman Irshad at the hospital/s.Both died the same year. Today all the memories came rushing. Sometimes I wonder if ever I got out of the sadness of it all.

I hope Farhan will go a long way. He's such a responsible young man.I'll see him after the convo kejap lagi.

On another family news, Z took the two gals out to a book launch yesterday with Hanna. Ajir pun kecik2 dah pandai nengok pompuan lawa! Tiba2 he rushed out to the gate in his nappy and tried to attract Hanna's attention. Haha. Selalu kita datang dia buat tak pada. Hamboi budak 3.5 tahun ni! Then Nadra said this to Z, "Wow, your friend is beautiful". Then addressed Hanna and told her this: do you know that when you are beautiful, people will do everything for you?". I wasn't there but when Z told me this, Nik and I macam ternganga. She is only 5 years old. Mana dia belajar philosophy ni? Haha. Hanna went ho yeah? really? Will you do everything for me? She said sure.
Maybe I was right when I associated her with philosophy so early when she was barely 2 (read my old blog entry on her a few years ago)

We may have a genius in the family.

No comments: