Sunday, October 29, 2017

The guts (and wisdom) of saying No

I have been saying a lot of Nos this year because I'm prioritising my health and trying to reduce my stress level. Rupanya memang ada ayat Quran di mana Allah highlights how people sibuk bekerja sampai lupa adanya Allah (something along this line). When I saw that ayat for the first time, I thought wow..and kita lupa why kita solat 5 waktu di tengah2 kesibukan kita bekerja (supaya kita ingat Allah). Tu pun solat tergesa2 mengejar entah apa.So now when I solat, I tell myself, I'm going to have a conversation with Allah. Boleh focus better dan tak tergesa2 solat cos' we have to respect our conversation with Allah.

I hope once the Nov event is over, I have some space to go back to my Rawa research and write overdue papers. Dengan berat hati I said no to the asean gathering in Manila in Dec and no to the women's summit which Prof Ruzy had kindly invited me to be part of (and meet first ladies, katanya)

It was a struggle in saying those Nos but I feel less stressed out cos' I have fewer responsibilities while doing tonnes on-going ones.

I'm still looking for sponsorships for the Nov event.If you know anyone who wants a tax exempted event, the details are here https://asiapac2017.wordpress.com/call-for-sponsorship/

Terima kaseyyy!

No comments: