Saturday, January 27, 2018

Prof. Madya Dr. Che Nor Noraini

When Dr Khamsiah rang me around 5 pm at the office telling me, "we have bad news.." I just went what? who? where?

She dropped the name.

Dr Che Noraini meninggal dunia.

Speechless then I asked for reaffirmation. She said yes. She died in Kuala Tganu and filled in the details. It was minutes before my brain could process and digest everything then I got up, paced up and down and broke down and wept! I called Prof Maliah first and we both wept on the phone.She equally shocked, me slowly digesting and needing to pass on the grief. Prof Maliah was requested to announce the news to our Tashkent group online (I had left the group). Then I rang my husband cos' we are close to her family. I broke down again with him equally surprised on the other end.Then I had to inform Prof Saodah and we called Prof Asiah. Both were cool but Prof Asiah later on tak sudah2 posting me her kenangan and pics and video with aruah taken only last week.And for the whole evening and night the network was doing this. Prof Rosnani went to pay her last respect with her Education colleagues naik van ke KT jam 12 tengah mlm. I wish I were strong enough to take that long trip or at least fly this morning. I hope aruah will forgive me for not being there.Tadi lepas saya tidur kejap lepas solat subuh, I heard she call my name loud and clear. Only she at IIUM knew my home name (Dah). I heard she call "Dah!". I terkejut and terus terjaga. I told Lin..jgn2 dia nak ajak I sama. Lin said I love your raw humour but this is too sad.Jus sampai ini never gets out of her grief in losing Dr Mimi..kawan dia car pool sama2..kawan lunch.Maybe we should form a support group. I ni rasanya belum betul2 recover from the various deaths of my loved ones in the family: Mak, Irshad, Mek...

Aruah ni kwn saya yang I can call at any time..and likewise she with me.Sifatnya suka kasi makan kpd kawan2, suka bersedekah dan a fighter. 5 days before her death she was still trying to fight for justice over an issue.Not for me, kata dia. For others supaya tak menerima nasib yang serupa like her.I'm glad she telah meninggalkan anak-anak yang soleh (semua hafiz) dan pintar2. Semoga she lives in all of them. Even her menantu perempuan is so much like her in her thinking and behaviour.

I'm glad we spent some time together last Wednesday. Dia mesti bawak I makanan. Dia bawak kerupok lekor Tganu but terdetik juga di hati ketika itu. Biasa she would bring me fresh, warm food. Kerupok lekor dia dah kecut.But still sedap. I let it go and we had a good time discussing and planning what to do with our rejected FRGS report (yang dah berzaman kami submit baru ni dpt feedback ada a few things incomplete).Sambil2 tu we spoke of my gelang2 and cincin2 emas which I tak suka pakai to be redesigned and yang dah siap tu kena kecikkan balik. Ini termasuk my cincin kawin and cincin dan gelang pesaka Mama beri kat I. Che Nor came from keluarga towkay mas Tganu and they have many gold shops.

Dr Farizah and I dok cerita time kita buat research together...Templer's Park research retreat..kami dikejar oleh segerombolan monyet liar di tempat air terjun. Monyet tu rampas my bag di bahu yang dalamnya ada my handphone. Ni masa nak naik ke air terjun. Masa balik pun mereka berbaris kiri kanan tunggu kami dgn menyeringai tunjuk gigi tajam.I almost cried out of fear but I menyorok and pegang lengan baju aruah. I felt safe sebab dia baca ayat-ayat Quran dan kami lalu mcm menyeberang Laut Merah semasa Nabi Musa dikejar Firaun. Sampai kat chalet, gelak2.

Masa kerja kat prison pun mcm tu. Che Nor lah yang dok pi solat kat Mekah, solat lebih dari biasa agar kerja kami selesai dgn baik.

I hope aruah tenang di sana. Kuburnya pasti terang sebab dia rajin baca Quran.Perginya pun mudah..lepas jadi imam solat Zohor kpdd adik beradik perempuannya, dia sempat baca surah kahfi dan berdoa untuk dimudahkan sakratul maut dan mati dlm iman (bukan doa panjang umur). Dia masuk bilik air nak ambik wudhu..terjatuh terus tiada.Allahuakbar! Kasihilah sahabat aku ini Ya Allah, rahmatilah rohnya dan tempatkanlah beliau di kalangan orang2 yang Engkau redhoi.Semoga kami bertemu lagi di akhirat di syurgaMu bersama ahli-ahli keluarga kami,

https://i-glass.blogspot.my/2016/03/the-heat-of-disappointment.html

https://i-glass.blogspot.my/2016/05/tashkent-happening-city.html

No comments: