Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Iqra' website is up!

Finally, the Iqra' project is done (it is almost 6 years old!). I had encountered so many setbacks and difficulties and finally it is up! All praise to Allah.I am also grateful that my relationship with the web designer ended well. We had one difficult year in which there was no communication between us that would lead us to somewhere, just anywhere.

One day, pressured by a letter sent by the Research Centre, I text messaged him, just trying my luck, not expecting anything. Lo and behold!He responded promptly, saying everything was done, when could we meet. By that he meant a new design was ready and could I please submit the leftover materials (writers from some 9 countries, I think) to him to download.

And the result is this http://www.iiu.edu.my/irkhs/iqra/index.html

I dedicate this project to my web designer who kept true to his word, former ENGL 4820 students and a few postgraduates who had been with me through highs and lows, trying to complete this project.I am grateful to Allah for the completion of this work (I had many projects done over the 6 years but none as exciting and trying as this)

This is a reason to celebrate big time. Anyone who wishes to launch/sponsor this website, please email me: Faridah[dot]Manaf[at]gmail[dot]com
Anyone who wishes to send more articles, please email me too.

My soul is now at peace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise be to Allah - I am sooooooo impressed, thrilled and please to be among those who can now enjoy and benefit as your Special Project "Iqra" is now a reality.
Dr. Faridah, May Allah Richly Reward you


Imam Tariq Ansaar Aquil - USA

Faridah said...

Salam Imam, yes, isn't it a miracle that the web turned out to be better than what I had expected.Nazreen (my web designer, also former student)is indeed very talented.He will go a long way (if he stays focused in what he does)

I hope you will send us some new poems and I'll get Nazreen to place you under USA (it will be quite a while cos' he's just got married!)

By the way, if Allah wills it, I'd be in Arkansas early March to meet up with Prof Mohja Kahf.How far are you from Fayatteville?

HCI said...

Salam, read the entry "Back to work", hemm, another constipated writer? sorry, just joking, lepas tension.

Faridah said...

Salam,

Thanks for visiting, Has.Welcome!

Yes, sometimes you DO run out of things to say and yet it is so important to express yourself because like a woman in labour, you just wanna OUT! The whole writing process is sacred to me.:)

But I will not force my writing if the Muse isn't there.The drive, ilham will come.A matter of time.Today, after almost 2 years, I finally mailed out my short story (which I sat on for months!) to Mingguan.I hope they will publish it. :)

My pen name is NF Abdul Manaf.

badly drawn boy said...

nx time when u want to put email on ur web, do it like this abc[at]def[dot]com, because there a crawler program that collect anything with a @ sign and then nx thing u know ur inbox full rubbish emails or SPAMs!

here a example look at the bottom of this page > Tok Gajah

Faridah said...

Boy,thank you for the info.I have done the necessary: [dot]-ed and [at]-ed my email add.

Bila nak tolong d/load music ni??