Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Reunion of old friends

The year is coming to an end. What a year it has been (to date).

Today's good news is that Evan got back in touch with me after almost 6 years! And he wrote of another great news: he just got married in Sept and will be having a reception in June next year.Will we come, he asked.

The invitation could not have been more timely! Nik and I plan to celebrate our 20th anniversary in the US in June.Let's hope Evan's reception (in Columbus?) coincides with ours on June 14.It would be so cool!!! Otherwise, we will just need to see Enid and him before we fly back to KL.I will need to start shopping now.What would be a wonderful wedding gift? (one which is light to carry?)

Also growing is my Mahmud High School list.We have close to 45 names now.And one friend after another sent their latest pic (after 26 years!). It's amazing how we can still hold on to this f/ship despite us being of different race and religion. There's so much love in us to flaunt to the ailing world and I hope our Reunion party in 2008 will be (in the words of Andrew Leong aka Peng Onn) the mother of all reunions. :)))

2 comments:

Faridah said...

You one of the old girls/old boys? Welcome!

Faridah said...

ha ha..buat terkejut I je Dina! Kejap2 you gong kapas...anyway, welcome gal!

Bila kita nak plan for 'evil' things nih? But maybe we'll need to wait till after my NY stint.Semalam I jumpa anak kawan lama I (half mat salleh, half melayu).Dia kita boleh buat geng.Dia pun into art and culture and Islam.I ajak dia plan for a big seminar.I nak ajak Tariq Ramadan datang lagi.Lepas tu kawan baru I, seorang imam masjid kat USA.Dia very fiery speaker.Bagus kalau kita letakkan dia sebelah Tariq Ramadan.Lepas tu kita ajak Mohja who I will be meeting (dgn izin Allah) in March.Kita akan naik roller coaster Dina.