Monday, May 12, 2008

And so I was on tv...

It's been a while since I was on tv..so I felt quite nervous about being interviewed live on Good Morning Malaysia (Selamat Pagi Malaysia). Prof Iswawi was with me but he's a pro.

So we spoke about IIUM celebrating our silver jubilee this year.I focused on alumni and participation of the masyarakat in building the nation which would mean participating in uni. development, etc.

Some positive feedbacks from colleagues.. that's REALLY nice to know. :)

My mom yang tengah merajuk pun (she said she could not watch sebab TV dia rosak but I just spoke to her semalam and she told me she was watching her favourite soap opera) said she saw me and said "wah..pandai cakap ya?" I could sense the mother's pride in her voice. Dia merajuk sebab kita dah lama tak balik menjengok dia.I'll pick her up next Saturday, InsyaAllah cos' Z is leaving for Ankara the day after.Dia rindu cucu and daughter but tak mau tinggalkan her kelas mengaji.

Ramai juga callers after the show.I hope more participations by alumni before May 20.

6 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

I was on TV too last week for the 1st time in my life. Entahlah Dr.Faridah...I rasa tersangat lah tenang bersiaran langsung di Awani.Perhaps, I was there to say what need to be said on Islamic Relief's Myanmar Cyclone Appeal.I guess, the cause was more important than ourselves.

Faridah said...

bagusnya!!! I'm proud of you drbubbles! Itu hari my Burmese friend pun datang collect duit.Dia tak bagi melalui gomen dia.How do you do yours? Ni China pulak kena.Kesian depa.Dah lah nak olympics.Macamana saya boleh salurkan bantuan? Ada bank account ke?

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Dr Faridah,

Kami ada kumpul dana melalui www.irm.org.my.

Boleh nak derma, tapi tunggulah ada concrete humanitarian response dari IR, sebab keadaan sekarang ini masih tak menentu.Nak masuk Burma pun tak boleh untuk assess the situation.

Kemungkinan besar IR akan bantu juga melalui local partners yang sedang dikenalpasti.

Saya tak nak nanti orang dah derma kemudian soal where the money goes after that kan.So biar crystal clear dulu and we do our bit.

Faridah said...

kalau you nak, I can introduce you to my burmese friend.Dia tahu jalan masuk pintu belakang. :))
Email me at Faridah dot Manaf at gmail dot com and give me your tel no.Nanti saya bagi tel no my friend.InsyaAllah kawan saya ni boleh percaya.Dia orang alim dan tak sukakan duit dan kemewahan dunia.

ummahzy said...

A salaamu aleikum,

long time since I visited your blog.
You were on TV? Hey, I missed it. Any plans to post it on YouTube? I did a little interview myself two years ago. Did you catch it? It got me blogging actually; http://tconnection.blogspot.com/2006/12/2-minutes-of-fame-revisited.html

Faridah said...

Salam Ummazy,

It's been a while, yah? Thanks for dropping by.How are the kids?

Unfortunately not...I have no access to the TV interview done of me and my colleague, Prof Ismawi.My husband says he could purchase it for me.For what reason would I want to watch me again? Haha.Everyone who saw said I look fat.Thankyouverymuch! :))