Friday, May 16, 2008

like a wedding reception



As the day draws closer to IIUM's 25th anniversary, the preparations are like us preparing for a wedding reception esp. the evening event.It's good that every division/unit is involved.The Architecture students are in charge of decorating the hall (and my instruction was "tukar dia jadi ballroom". Ha ha.Saja nak mengusik.They showed us a few pics of past events.They were good at playing with colours and lightings.Kita doakan mereka sukses)

The jazz band boys came.I had to be honest with them tentang pantang larang IIUM.They took it well.Bukan pertama kali mereka main musik depan Sultan-sultan dan pembesar2 negeri lainnya so that is a relief.We decided on a few songs yang akan buat kita "sway-sway" (good for food digestion during dinner). Mufti Perlis will come.Tak tau lah macamana reception beliau nanti.Nampak macam dia hadhari so I hope takda masalah. But I guess mesti ada kritik kutuk ..macam majlis2 perkahwinan yang lain tetapi apalah erti hidup kalau tak berani berfikiran lapang.

If I'm fired, I have my small room to return to. :))
Yang penting, it's a celebration, kan?

4 comments:

syima said...

all the best Dr F! see u there! =)

Faridah said...

Thanks Shima.Everyone in the comm begitu bekerja keras.Some have to be responsible for 3 events: the grand launching by PM, special convo for former Rector Prof. AbuSulaiman and the dinner.

Ingat tak we thought it was impossible to do what YOU did masa English Week tu? Well, we are going through that same feeling again.And I'll take my own advice: no U-turn.

jiGOMorrison said...

Assalamualaikum Dr.

Nice to see you at the Event. And it's surprising and a bit flattering that you still remember me. Ha ha!

Yes, am now working at an IT company, but in my free time, I'm tied with Sindiket Sol-Jah (sol-jah.blogspot.com).

Hope to see you as our special guest in MASKARA. (I'm not sure, when the next event will be, though...)

Faridah said...

Salam Iqbal,

You were among my hard-working students so I usually remember them esp. if they were actively involved in English cultural activities like performances,poetry recital, etc.

I hope you enjoyed the dinner.Mata I nampak ringgit sign je now so if we can work on any other charity events for IIUM Alumni, let me know. :)