Monday, November 24, 2008

Time management

Soon I'll need a personal assistant 24/7 to manage my life! (without upsetting relatives) I think some cousin just slammed the phone on me today.Reason could be because I sounded so unwelcoming on the phone.They wanted to visit but Nik and I had been running around like zombies the last few weeks.We got home at 1 am last nite.Wedding then after the wedding ended at 10.30 pm, we rushed to Subang Jaya to attend a kenduri of Nik's close friend nak pi haji.I thought by 11 pm..the family would be tidur dah but no..people were still pouring in.Late comers like us!I told Nik's friend's wife: gimme pillow and sleeping bag..I'll sleep first cos' tak tau pukul berapa depa will masuk tidur..she laughed but understood the bond her husband had with the rest of the gang too.One wife decided not to attend cos' tau tak tau pukul berapa they would go home bila dah berkumpul gitu.As long as they are not gays..I tak kisah. :)) But Nik was thoughtful.We went home at 12.30 am (sampai rumah 1 am).Kawan2 dia yang lain mungkin lepak sampai Subuh! Hahaha.

The wedding was good too.Kak Siti (Datin Siti..I haven't gotten used to this) would never forget to put us on her invite list despite jarang berjumpa.When Dr. (Datuk) Yusoff Nook gave his speech on marriage/parenting/life in general (siap dgn poem from the movie Splendor in the Grass), it was quite touching, actually.If Z got married, I don't think I can say anything..dok sibuk nangis belakang pintu! (Nik pun sama, I think).Sungguh mengerikan.

This morning, Z who had started to be bored by idleness cos' it's sch hols..pressured me to teman her pi tengok High Sch Musical (Disney movie) Adoiii....I had planned to attend PENA's AGM...but knew that time with family pun impt juga...dah le semalam meeting NGO sampai pukul 5 pm.

On Friday my Liverpudlian 'groupie' worked on having a tea party just after Xmas.The meeting went very well too.We got ourselves organised.Finally!

Meanwhile, Dr. Jee prescribed me new drugs.Ouch!

1 comment:

Faridah said...

A relative by marriage passed away a few days ago after being diagnosed with cancer (he went into coma and died soon after).We visited at 10 pm cos' the body would be taken back to Pahang. Aruah was one top police officer who's well-liked.I remember when he was posted as a young recruit in Raub, he used to visit our family and when some thief broke into my car at the Kelana Jaya swimming pool and took my valuables (I thought my car boot was safer than the locker at the complex), I rang aruah and vented my anger on him on the phone (where is safe for us to go for recreation,I had screamed at him on the phone)he listened patiently and sent his men to carry out 'serious investigations' despite it being so late (I nampak le org2 dia brushed some parts of my car dalamn gelap tu..cari bekas jari ke hapa ke...)but I was grateful.I remember this although it was years ago.So malam2 pun I pergi juga visited, to pay my last respect and read some yassin,semoga Allah tempatkan aruah di tempat yang baik2 belaka.

In times like this, it's good to be reminded, hidup jangan sombong, nanti mati orang tak pandang.