Saturday, December 06, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya Aidul Adha

This year's pretty low key.I'm still in KL.Z has things to do till 6 pm tmrw.Maybe we leave for Raub after that.Then off we go to Brunei for our family vacation.Everyone laughed when we told them we were going to Brunei.It's more expensive than going to Bali.People from Brunei travel to KL to shop, etc.I know.I know.But my mom had wanted to go to Kg Ayer for so many years now.I'm taking her there, actually.Well OK...she offered to pay full fare but I will think about it.Hee hee.It's expensive going to Brunei.Everything is more than double cos' their currency is bigger than ours. I'll keep you posted of what fun we have there.If at all.We are going over the weekend je.I'm grateful to Allah cos' I'd get to see some IIUM alumni on the first day (I hope nothing goes wrong).I'm sure something good will come out of this visit.We are flying Royal Brunei, bukan Air Asia OK? And just so people don't think I travel on university money all the time, this is a personal trip, OK? :)

Anyway, I was in and out private hospitals doing my annual medical check up routine the last few days and was shocked to experience bad and inefficient services offered by at least two well-known private hospitals in PJ.I waited 4 hours to be served at one (I told them the government hospital would not be so bad.Even with appointment, I waited close to 1 hour for the doctor to arrive).Doctors datang lambat, nurses not attentive, equipment tak cukup, etc.Gosh, what is going on in this country??? Probably the best practitioners have left for more expensive private hospitals in KL, Penang etc.We have 7 star hospital now, kan? I wonder what that is like.Must ask Dr H who is working there now.

I met up with the Dietician after meeting up with my Cardiologist (who said my ECG and stress test came clear, alhamdulillah).I liked this sesssion.But I left without a prescribed diet.She said she'd email it to me but dah 2 hari, no news.Yup, that's Msian private hospital, folks.My daughter who's still undecided whether to do medicine or law might be inspired to do medicine now.

But for now, let's just say our syukur that we are still healthy and not too dependent on our hospitals.

Selamat Hari Raya buat semua.Semoga amal korban diterima Allah.Ingat pada yang tiada.

No comments: