Friday, December 26, 2008

Almost a new year

Sometimes (may be all the times for some) things happened without any planning or asking.

Hari ni, Swee Hai (my old university mate) sms-ed me saying he and his family will visit me (dah lama tak jumpa).I quickly sms-ed my caterer tanya boleh cater kah? :)) I hope Shahril will say yes.Kalau tak, I terpaksa turun ke dapur lagi.Will be inviting some close friends for an end of year reunion. 3 couples had confirmed yes.I paksa each bring a dish (in case Plan A tak menjadi).

Good and sincere friendship is a rahmat from Allah.These friends had gone through thick and thin with me. I remember the day Azura cut Jai's hair sampai nampak urat hijau Jai kat tengkok.Hahahah. Or Azah jadi makcik tukang urut while we were students in the UK and sharing girlfriends' secrets while students in NZ.

Ruzy pulak tukang support apa sahaja teori karut marut I.

Yang lain2 belum balik from hajj trip depa. We'll wait for their air zam2 and organise another lunch date. :)

Happy new year/awal muharram everyone. Semoga hidup kita sentiasa dirahmati Allah.

2 comments:

Faridah said...

Hey, our round table dialogue on education reform went very well today.Syukur alhamdulillah.Prof Rosnani and Dr Farid kept their promise and did a splendid job addressing key issues.The rest tak datang (anak sakit, orang kawin).

I enjoyed the frank dialogue and nampak memang semua sincerelah in identifying our cracks in Msian education system.While many suggested to look at the Spore education system, I kata jgn terlalu taksub.They also have their own critics.I would study the sucess of the South Koreans, bagaimana mereka membina negara mereka dari ranap ke tahap affluent/developed country in 50 years (after the WW2).

We plan to meet another round.Kali ni kita akan invite pakar Swiss model.Seronoknya!

Faridah said...

I am also glad the Liverpool Alumni gathering went well on Dec 28.Met many new friends (both older and younger than me).Group ni interesting sebab kita banyak kenangan bersama (Pakcik Multan yang garang dan tak sukakan budak,Pakcik Mat Nor kelasi Melayu terakhir itu dan Albert Dock yang katanya sudah tak sehebat dahulu)

The pro tem comm members are wonderful people.We plan to fly back to Liverpool on Air Asia.Hahaha.Delesh is so set to work on a trip to one hutan lipur lara.An old woman like me will never survive jungle life like that.