Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Arrival

Bruce with Shahrul after his talk at DELL


Yes, it has started to get busier than usual as our delegates from abroad start to arrive.Last night, Bruce arrived (spoke to him this morning to arrange for his talk at IIUM.Quayum had to collect him cos' I had to go to the airport to collect Ben)

And it poured cats and dogs.Ben's flight was delayed (which made me nervous.I was afraid he missed the flight ke hapa ke..checked with MAS counter...the lady said he was onboard)

Rupa2nya delay in Bangkok (one old lady went missing..semua org dah masuk but she went missing while waiting for her wheel chair).Then at KLIA, Ben pulak didn't get his wheel chair (he's recovering from a broken leg).

David from Tokyo went missing cos' Shahrul arrived late (jam and hujan).Hadoi...the event BELUM lagi bermula...but David was nice.Dia tak mengamuk and apologised for not waiting.

Kemudian, sekitar 12 malam I got a missed call (I was praying masa tu).A lady was saying she's at the airport.We were not expecting any more arrivals.Pening kepala I fikir.Tanya Shahrul (who was on his way back from picking up Dennis at the airport) dia kata tak tau. Then I rang Mei, Mei said So Hee Lee from Seoul rang her.Ayo....I baru emailed dia for her arrival time.

Checked punya checked, rupa2nya her email about her arrival sent a few days ago was read by one of the comm members and somehow the transport comm missed the info.I too missed it.Luckily So Hee Lee had booked her room already so by the time I rang to apologise, she was laughing away and so forgiving.She was enjoying her tea. :))

Syukurlah but if it goes on like this the next couple of days, bukan je my jantung gugur but bak kata Mei, usus, hempedu, ginjal semua gugur.Besok lagi ramai.Ada yang sampai pukul 1 pagi!

Z started her SPM.Kesian dia.I should be holding her hand tapi apa kan daya...masa rancang symposium ni 2 years ago, tak ingat pun Z akan ambik SPM...may Allah forgive me for not being a good Mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

dun wori. if u xplain to her, she will undrstand i think.

Faridah said...

tapi still kesian, kan? mak orang lain ambik cuti, bawak nasi goreng at lunch time (cos' kantin tutup)
InsyaAllah after my conference habis on Monday boleh le quality time with her.Tak sabar!Mu esok kalu ada anok, mu jago molek2. :)

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

I seriously don't mind that you're away while I'm having my SPM. It's just for 5 days kan and it's for work, so I understand.

And no, you're not being a bad mum, just a busy one. Haha.

May Allah bless you for being the best mum I could ask for :)

Faridah said...

Z: Thank you.That's so sweet.The truth is you like me being away cos' takda sapa nak kacau while you study, kan?

I'm home now.:))