Saturday, April 16, 2016

Behind time

So much happening at the mo that I am behind time for the first time.Usually by now, I'd just be waiting to close the sem. Come to my office and you will see tonnes of papers screaming to be examined.

Then the green activists came.The river project again.But I'm happy that we are still at it and getting more people involved.Prof Ridza was kind enough to let me go amidst another meeting with a biotech agency (what do I know! Fadzil and Naim were nowhere to be seen.They would have been more useful but I learnt much too)

Z and I went to visit Mek and Sal.We were going through some hilarious scenes but we pray that Mek will survive her ordeal. Dia kena sihir. May Allah protect her and all of us.

Went to listen to Msian great writers read at the French Language Centre at Lorong Gurney.Tash Aw was a big disappointment.He refused to open up.Tanya sepatah jawab sepatah and he read his work in French.Who is he hiding from? A mixed audience in Malaysia? I was right to say he was overrated when his book first came out.

Give me honest writers, please.Like Dato' Zurinah Hassan who also read at the event.And Dato Anwar Ridwan and Shih-li Kow.


No comments: