Sunday, April 03, 2016

Balik kampong

I had to rush to the airport not long after attending Prof Muhd's daughter's wedding reception yesterday. It was great seeing some old friends who I had not seen for a while - Soak Koon, Tn Haji Rahman, former editor of Berita Harian, Prof Rosnah..nxt to my table Dato Baha Zain but tak sempat say Hi. Kak Ani looked gorgeous.Tak tua2.We all had Prof's latest pantun pocket book.Seronok kita!

Mek isn't well so I picked her frm Subang Airport.She slept over then all the KL clan dropped by and we read yassin for her and had pizza and bubur for dinner.She looked better with families around her. Too many funny stories despite her condition. Sal and kids pun slept over.Early today Kak Ngah pulak dropped by so we had bfast together.More funny stories frm kak ngah.Her young grandson Shad could see things (boleh nmpk hantu) so we had many funny entries on Shad's sightings (poor child).

Then just before noon, KN, me, Z, Mek and hubby drove bck to Raub to send Mek for her retreat at Long's.We had lunch at Long's..Kak De dropped by for a while.I think the last time we were in Raub was last raya haji.It's not the same anymore.I didn't even drop by my mom's house (kunci pun tak tau dgn sapa).Coming home, I showed KN mak's last clothes before she was hospitalised ...KN took wht I didn't want sbb too small or too short.Her baju kurung and kain batik which we had agih2kan I kept.Sedih juga handing over her last tudung with brooches when she almost bled to death (masa I bawak balik to the private hospital near my house on her last day at her usual dialysis centre).I brought them back to wash the bloodstains on her pants, tudung, etc.KN said she would wear the tudung.Tudung Syria.I know she still misses her a lot.Like all of us.

kedua mempelai, Mega dan pasangannya.

sempat berselfie with Dr Wong Soak Koon

Kak Ani and Prof Muhd merenjis anak dan menantu

at a different wedding (jgn tertipu!)


No comments: