Saturday, September 03, 2016

Penang

Aida invited me to run an English workshop at her school in Penang (Guar Perahu, Seberang Prai).I roped in Pyan who roped in Khairol and I further roped in Maryam and Nadia based in USM. 110 students woi..tak terhandle kami berdua.

I slept at Aida's while the guys were at a homestay paid by the school.Kita sampai mlm cos' I had to work late at the uni.Terus tidur after berborak2 dgn Aida like zaman Bursary at Levin.Aida said I tertidur while still telling a story.:D

Besoknya we had breakfast at the school.And then met the kids (Form 1-3). Cikgu Muniandi said the students had fun and another teacher said the students told her, "Cikgu, lain kali buatlah aktiviti mcm ni lagi dan bukan suruh kami dengar orang bercakap sahaja". What a critical mind. Don't think they are stupid.We had fun too...Nadia and Maryam were the judges, I took a backseat but worked one on one during the drama preparations.It's nice to see my former students taking over now.

Then we crossed over to lunch at Nasi Padang at Jln Travers.Mcm makan daun ketum...felt high. :D Sedap giler.Took the ferry on the way back.












4 comments:

wynn said...

I recognised those faces! Hello seniors! :)

Faridah said...

Wynn: haha..it was a nice reunion. Let me know how you can help also. :)

FJ said...

Wah, this is a great effort. i so admire your energy dr!

Faridah said...

FJ: my former students' energy...I was just supervising...jadi judges pun mrk.It's nice taking the backseat and watching them "grow".