Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Amsterdam 2017

We arrived on Monday last week on Emirates (seat got upgraded to Business class from Dubai to Amsterdam. Z from Business to First Class. Alhamdulillah..long trip for us. Nik arrived later on Friday after his conference in Spore.He also got lucky - upgraded to Biz)

Z and I visited places we had not been the last we were here - the windmills, Haarlem with Aini, two museums in the city, Vondel Park and we had lunch at Restaurant Msia called Wau. I got back my money (some 18 euros) lepas I beritau daging dia tak fresh. Entah halal entah tidak but the owner said halal.

I met up with Dipika and Amal at Dipika's apt right in the city centre (nice location). Seronok dapat writing tips from them. Dipika served us with cheese of different types and bread. Yum.

Then I cooked non stop - nasi impit for raya, nasi lemak, mee kari (we had guests from Penang yang kita jumpa kat train station nak cari tempat solat so I invited them to our place which is 2 stations away).

We love Amsterdam sebab sangat green and environment friendly.

We solat raya at a Moroccan mosque in West Amsterdam.Was a bit late.Tak rasa raya cos' sini tak leh buat korban mcm kat Msia.Semua kasi duit kat butcher je. Orang Msia buat kat Msia (kirim).Tahun ni I tak nengok le my lembu kena korban.Dengar cerita and tengok gambar je le.

























































































Then we took a train to go to Delft (on one day) and Githoorn on another day. Delft ada a huge flea market. Syok juga nyopping but the blue potteries tak berani nak bawak balik..Bibik will break them anyway!

Githoorn was a real town accessible only by boats and walking. Mcm fairytale rumah2 dia. Loved it there. Kita pun naik boat. I would want to stay here and write and write and write.

When it was time to move to The Hague for the second part of the trip, bag kita dah bercucu cicit.Naik keretapi yang takda tempat letak bag besar. I miss Msia masa ni (berkereta ke hulu hilir).Our Portuguese Uber driver was funny. Dia tanya kami angkut satu Amsterdam ke? Bkn barang shopping..barang sendiri yang kami bawa..wardrobes Msia! Dan dapor Msia (beras pulut, asam gelugur, milo, beras, kicap, packs and packs of Brahim etc.I dah jadi macam aruah my mom!)


No comments: