Monday, March 12, 2018

Mountain Lodge, Janda Baik

Nik's family members had planned for this outing a long time ago.Then Ajir got chicken pox and could not join us.We have not seen him for a month (first Z and I were down with a viral fever for two weeks then Ajir got chicken pox for two weeks). We had been looking forward to see him in nature.

But all 5 rooms and the smaller ones were occupied.The maids were in one room and Kak Yah in the other room.Besar betul apartment ni.So cosy too cos' every room had attached baths.Takda la berebut2. We had barbecue in the evening.I wanted catered but the two economists in the family said lagi murah buat sendiri. I said I was not touching anything in the kitchen.So the two shopped, marinated everything and the maids helped in the background.We went to the river after Zohor.The water was too cold and Riverside nampak tak begitu bersih dan berbatu2.We changed our mind and went to Pulau Santap.Nicer place but hari hujan pulak.The kids semua pi jungle trekking. Z told me later nasib I tak ikut cos' kena jalan, redah hutan and crossed a river yang berbatu2.Nadra was in tears and came home traumatised (demam). Haha. She said it was the worst day in her life.Drama queen.

But it got better with barbecues and all.Malam2 tak payah pasang kipas and aircon so Nik and I tak payah gaduh2 pasal nak switch on/off aircon.We slept in the sounds of nature.

Besoknya we went fishing.I caught the first fish.Menjerit2 tak tau nak buat apa.Haha. The guide took it off and released it back into the pond.Then all the kids caught a couple..Nadra had started to enjoy the nature now.Begitu juga Tasneem who said I hate nature.Then they went to do archery.Yang tua2 balik ke apartment.Makan lagi. Then baru pi swimming at Pulau santap.Airnya cetek.More like berendam and tube-ing. Nadra terbalik while tube-ing with Faiz.Everyone laughed (air tak dalam..no one was going to die) and Nadra in tears shouted at all of us ,"It's not funny!I almost died!" haha..betullah drama queen.

But everyone agreed that it was a lovely time out.So now we are thinking lain kali tak nak cuti kat hotel mandi dlm swimming pool je.It's much more fun in the nature.No one brought their handphone

The fish I caught

Barbecueing
Hasilnya

With nature
Tube-ing

2 comments:

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

What I loved most about Janda Baik is pisang Raja goreng di Kg. Cheringin. Tiap kali ke rumah Prof. Dollah, mesti singgah beli. And I noticed during last week trip to Bukittinggi, Pisang Raja boleh dijumpa merata-rata.

And I still believe we make better rendang than what we had in Bukittinggi. Masin Ya Rabbi! Kalau teh pulak, manis Yarabbi! Hahaha!

Tak larat dah makan Nasi Padang. Nasi dengan sambal hitam jualah jadi pujaan hati! Hahaha!

Faridah said...

Dr Bubbles: Janda Baik is so beautiful. Tanah skrg kalau tepi sungai harga RM1 juta.Putih je le bijik mata I. Haha.

I dok suspect ni laluan Rawa juga sbb kawasannya mcm kat Rawa juga and wajah2 orang tempatan..very Indonesian.Kot iya hok baru tiba tak tau la pulak ya.

I love nasi padang but sebenarnya not healthy..gulai otak..paru2..But I think better nasi padang then bakso ke hapa ke.

We had apam balik Janda Baik by the Riverside. Too sweet but abg nik suka.Dia beli sampai 45 keping.Haha