Monday, March 26, 2018

scholars

today I just sat and listened to conversations of scholars. Sekali sekala saya menyampuk. Lebih enak mendengar. Dato Sri SY cerita mlm aruah Faruqi dibunuh (malam 27 Ramadan). Rupanya yang bunuh the scholar who almost became IIUM's 1st Rector was their own bilal yang diislamkan sendiri oleh Faruqi.Rupanya ejen CIA.Orang kulit hitam. Dia dah tunggu kat dapur. Aruah baru balik from bincang plans for IIUM. Bila dengar bunyi kecoh di dapur, isterinya pula turun.Dia pulak dibunuh.Allahuakbar.Semoga roh keduanya dicucuri rahmah.

Dato AS pun byk kisah about his stint in Beijing.It's really nice scholarly environs at ISTAC but I told Prof Aziz that I would just help out with the journal till Dec.Tak larat pegang dua post yang begitu demanding.This year jadual padat and kerja menimbun.I hanya berdoa siang malam semua kerja saya siap.

The prob of being old (older than the younger ones) is that nothing is new any more (except my piano lessons walaupun main lagu twinkle2 little star dgn merangkaknya...haha) and as my young ones share their news of going here there everywhere, I try to bite my tongue not to share my stories in those places for fear of being labelled nak berlawan2. Haha. So diam jelah. Talk about other things that excite me - the new physiotherapist or orthopedic yang you're not sure whether his touches are medical or otherwise (yang ni I don't categorise as exciting le. Ni category Me Too, kot?)

Anyway, busy months ahead. Tak tau nak nangis ke nak nangis.

No comments: