Friday, August 03, 2018

Reward or punishment?

Sometimes kerja masuk bertubi-tubi.Rasa macam punishment la pulak although in the end it's rewarding.

Prof Amir Zikrgoo invited me to introduce his book at his book launch 2 weeks before the event.I was reluctant cos' time factor but he said simple introduction of him and his co translator and the book. I thought oh well, okay.

Then the official invitation listed me as a panelist! say what?To speak on Hamzah Fansuri.Saya pun ingat dia ni orang Iran! Dia sebenarnya orang Melayu.Orang Melayu pertama yang tulis melayu jawi tentang Islam dan pelopor sastera melayu, sastera sufi di nusantara.

I texted Amir tanya apa hal ni? Dia pun terkejut.Dia pun tak tau dia kena jadi panelist.Ingat key speaker ke.
So I had to work extra hours in the library..baca itu ini.The Istac librarian is fabulous.He emailed me stuffs yang berkaitan. You need to be a fast reader to absorb. Nasib no class la ni.Boleh le I spend pagi ke petang membaca.

Tiba harinya I negotiated. Syed Munawar who was supposed to moderate was kind enough to let me do the job.So off we went happily and I thought we had a great discussion.Tan Sri Aziz, Dato Kamala all said it was good and they enjoyed the session. Alhamdulillah.I learned much too.What an amazing mind this Hamzah Fansuri was.Sayang sekali karya dlm jawi dia tidak diterbitkan dalam rumi.Orang Iran dulu beat us to it: they translated Fansuri to Persian.

I hope those reading this and can read jawi faster than me will find ways to translate Fansuri dlm rumi.Setakat ni orang putih je buat and according to Naguib Al Attas, banyak salah dari segi vocabulary, tanda baca dll.

No comments: