Thursday, December 06, 2018

Death

I was still on AKEPT's leadership programme in Kuala Trengganu on Sunday when Prof Amir texted me about a young Chinese girl's death at Mahallah Halimah. I found out later that she came in Sept only to die in early Dec in Malaysia (buried di perkuburan Islam near IIUM sama dgn Tan Sri Ahmad Ibrahim and lain2 scholars Islam UIA. MashaAllah Tabarakallah!)

When I returned back to work on Wedn, Prof Dawood and I had an appointment to meet Duta Kuwait (we are doing our duta rounds. We did Saudi last week), Kaossar rang to say jenazah masih di hospital Selayang so off we went to vist and meet the family yang baru sampai from China.

The mother terus peluk I and nangis. It was very sad for us all. Anak dia tu the eldest of two. Not knowing how to express how we felt, we just hugged there in tears for a long time. I need to pass my strength to her and try to comfort her in her grieving. Memang sedihlah.

Then we spoke to the pegawai penyiasat who I wish could have been kinder but I could see how stressful his job was, stationed at rumah mayat.

Kawan2 from kull international unit were kind enough to attend the solat jenazah at the mosque around Maghrib time. May Allah reward them accordingly (I dah balik awal not knowing bila siap proses pelepasan jenazah cos' the Kedutaan wasn't that helpful initially but in the end, facilitated).

No comments: