Wednesday, December 19, 2018

end of year

Makin nak tutup tahun, makin busy. 2 nights ago Afif brought in 2 friends to learn English from me.Afif is like that. If he has something, he will share. So we stayed all night to go through their EPT English tests: speaking, writing and reading. I dah lama tak ngajar language proficiency macam ni but I shared what I had from bridging course at Waikato in the 80s. Mrs Burn taught us many things. I gave them those. Budak2 tu mcm improved la pulak. If technique betul, semua mudah. I guess.

Z is back and we would talk endlessly about Nazir Idris. He is now so funny. Macam2 helah nak ambik phone from the parents. Very clever now.Cheeky.

At work: non-stop meeting.We took time out to meet Z when she arrived in Spore for her meeting. Nik dah tak sabar nak jumpa anak dia. Then we went back a day early from her. Bukan jumpa lama sgt pun cos she was busy meeting all day, balik nak tidur je. So we spent time pi shopping kat Mustafa and Arab Street beli baju raya. Haha. Nmpk sgt takda hala tuju.

Today I feel good talking to international student leaders who appreciated the leadership series I organised for them a few weeks ago (but I had to go to Tganu) and looks like we are going to have a busy year together, InshaAllah.

As we close the year, I nak rakam my rasa sedih over Adib's death as the whole nation mourns too. There must be a lot of wrong if manusia behaved like animals sampai ada orang mati macam tu. May we learn from the tragedy and that aruah ditempatkan di syurga firdaus.

No comments: