Saturday, March 31, 2007

Philadelphia

English Dept Building at UPENN
Cooking at the Fellowship Centre with Baji and Malika

Malika in Spring

Prof. Jim English and Abdal Hayy talking Literature at UPENN

Daniel Abdal Hayy Moore reading a maulud poem

The trip to Philadelphia was good despite me getting up so early to catch the limo to Syracuse from Ithaca.I met very kind people on the train to NYC and again NYC to Philadelphia.


Abdal Hayy picked me up from the train station and Malika was all nice and sweet.I felt immediately at home.Did the interview and caught up with more readings. Went to UPENN to collect my book from Prof English (very kind and cultured English Prof).


The last few days had been busy with listening to tazkirah given by Baji and cooking for the jumaah with Malika, Baji and her niece.I met more people at the Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship Centre.Some pics.










5 comments:

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

so..u're having a blast there,huh??
we're missing you back here!!!

Faridah said...

jangan marah... ha ha.Itu belum masuk entry on my stay with my friends at Germantown and the dinner cum poetry reading session I had with this former Prof of Spanish Lit (who's also a poet).I love Philadelphia.It's teh kinda city I want YOU to live if you go to college in the US.Kawan2 pun dah ramai kat sini (orang putih yang amal sufi path) Ibu pi zikir group dia.Kalah kita!

jiGOMorrison said...

Prof, when will you be coming back to Malaysia?

Faridah said...

Sapa pulak Jigo ini? Looks like Shukran.Is that you Shukran?

InsyaAllah June 26.But mungkin terpaksa ikut suami pulak kejap. :)) Jangan marah but kalau lama2 cuti memang rasa nak holiday all your life.But I miss my students.

Faridah said...

Hey..Jigo is not Shukran but Iqbal! Waaah...lama tak dengar berita, Iqbal.Dah kawin ya sekarang? Dah ada anak lagi.Very da cute.Keep in touch.I met up with Prof Nurnina.Ada gambar dia kat sini (masa trip ke West Virginia).Dia ingat you lagi.