Friday, April 06, 2007

Germantown with Suzanne and Asit


Bro Musa's zikir group, Philly



After lunch with Suzanne and Asit, Germantown



I stayed a nite with Suzanne (Dr Kalbach) and Dr Asit at Germantown, Philly.Suzanne took me to Philly Museum and showed me Philly's waterfront (Delaware River) and much of the city.


In the evening I cooked Chinese fried rice and Dr Lawrence (Dickie) came to dinner.He used to teach Spanish Lit and we had a poetry reading session (I read mine, he did one Spanish piece).They were all very humourous and George was right, very warm and hospitable couple.


My flight to Williamsburg was very early (and on a Sunday!) but both Suzanne and Asit woke up very early to drop me off at the airport.


I almost missed my flight though, cos' the queue was so long. Belit punya belit, I managed to jump the queue by checking in at the Corporate Section.One hamba Allah baik budi took pity on me.


I love Philly.I love everything about it: people, landscape, culture, art, mosques, historic architecture, nice homes, kedai2 halal. Syukur alhamdullilah for the opportunity.


The most unforgettable experience: moving with the sufi groups esp Bro Musa's zikir group.

If you see me wondering in the deserts of Africa in the next year or two, you'd know why. :)

No comments: