Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March Blues

this is easy to do (cos' raymond and rabithah helped me! hahaha)

i stood on a chair to get this view

(my wedding cake.I did all those flowers from gum paste and did those buttercream roses, without raymond's help)

cantik juga, apa


my friend's art work

(he teaches baking in Penang)


I didn't find myself in the cake decoration short course I did over the weekends.I rarely make mistakes in my judgement (heh!) but enrolling in this short course thing could have been one of the BIGGEST mistakes ever made by me.You tau, nak uli tepung pun hampir 2 jam? (it's not sebarang tepung..it's called gum paste..you make flowers, roses out of it...you have to dye the gum paste into colours of the flowers you wanna make.And the roses were NOT easy to make) Aiyooo...I was bored the first 2 hours already ...I would always be the first to complete every assignment (cos' I nak balik cepat2!)

My chef was in the same class with Jamie Oliver when they were students in London.Raymond is nice.I like him.He had worked in London and Bermuda before.I like him cos' he helped me with many of the assignments.Hahaha...The cake pics I will upload here would be his work (much of it! The flowers of the wedding cake I did myself, though).But I guess I can decorate my own cake now.That would save lotsa money already. :)

Ministry of Heritage REFUSED to financially support our Nov. symposium.Buat penat I mengadap the KSU aja...Itulah I am so sad now...March blues..pergi sana sini nak cari duit..hampeh!Berdosa, kan, tak tolong orang?

6 comments:

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

the cakes looked and tasted great. awesome job! lain kali boleh buat lagi =)

Faridah said...

Iye la tu...

syima said...

nak orderrrrrrrr =P heheee kidding

Faridah said...

kalau kawin tipu2, boleh order.Kalau betul...I tak berani!Takut yang keluar rupa topi!

tapi kalau ramai yang nak, I will buy machine buat kek(dough making) lah besok.Hahaha

Humaira Bt. Raslie said...

;) can i order cupcakes instead from you? they are relatively smaller=)

Faridah said...

hahaha..ok..let me try first.Macam-macam budak2 ni..nak cupcakes lah...weddingcake lah...lempeng tak mau? Easier to do.:))