Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A real treat

The lunch we enjoyed so much

Fantastic view!
This on our way to Cox's Bazaar


This is Dhaka from air, folks

Aarong is a place where they sell handcrafts by underprivileged people (so a bit pricey here)


After hardwork, our alumni took us on an 8-seater plane (they got some company to sponsor the trip) to see the nation from air (my!my! it's unbelievable that it could be so pretty from up there.The rural side which is just outside Dhaka looks like England! Tak percaya? I'll post some pics but the smog may get into your eyes.Dhaka is very smoggy.Jerebu) But outside it, it's truly beautiful..we saw the salt boxes (like marbles, from the air)and the rivers, lakes and hills.Hoiyooo...bak kata Baibonn..is it time for me to go when Allah gives me all these?? Ada flying classes tak kat Msia? Mahal tak? It's a nice feeling, cruising like that.

Er jangan jeles...I had 2 pilots, 2 flight engineers and my young energetic alums and colleagues from the uni to accompany me or rather I was the only female accompanying them.Hahaha.But tak rasa pompuan pun cos' they didn't treat me like one.We talked, we discussed, without thinking of the gender difference (although I went"yang ini mcm rupa Shahrukh Khan, yang itu Rishi Kapoor, yang lagi satu macam Amitabachan, however you spell his name").Hahaha.But the men tak kisah pun I sorang pompuan.Patut they have no prob having women Presidents!

Then we took a ride to Cox's Bazaar from the small airstrip (Cox ni dulu British colonial officer ke hapa ke) and went further in to Naning ke hapa ke to visit a shrimp hatchery (the one we visited won best award for being best hatchery.The process is canggih.The tiger prawns are exported to Europe and to meet EU requirements is tough, kan? No child labour (they have someone to visit frequently to check on this), this that but they did it.Towkay dia tu second cousin to the flight engineer so I guess his arm was twisted to give us free lunch (udang besar2)but I was told people from Chittagong area memang pemurah and tak terkejut perniagaan mereka diberkati Allah.The lunch we had was like from heaven.It was simple tapi bila makan rasa nikmat satu macam.I guess rezeki yang diberkati tastes like this.No wonder the two notables of faith only wanted to eat at Rabe'a's home sebab dia kata punca rezeki is always clean and blessed.

I'm still too exhausted to upload pics.Hope Z is in a gd mood to help out.
We flew back to Dhaka, rushed our shopping (dalam 30 mins? Nothing much I could grab with that time) The materials are cheap here.Kalau nak kawin, beli kain kat sini.Cantik2 (the ones from India memang cantik2.Next time I go to Euro Moda I nak marah mrk sebab jual mahal giler!)

We dined at Msian High Comm then rushed back to go home.Memang very rushed trip ni.Patut I rasa macam nak mampuih!I ingat balik on 25th.Rupa2nya 23rd tengah malam (24th).

I slept till noon, lepas tu pi spa (hot stone spa.Best giler)

I AM home.Finally.Ku panjatkan syukur ke hadrat Allah.Sampai KLIA je terus makan nasi lemak!

No comments: