Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My friend, Baibonn

Baibonn is in town. We went out to have a drink at KLCC yesterday (I rushed after work).Remember how we cried at Hussain's in Manila? (she was telling me how she escaped marriage at 9 and how her parent was butchered by the Marcos regime?)

Well, we cried again in KL. It's really funny.We are usually strong women (she is!) but when we talk about things we want to do (or have done) for the ummah and how Allah is with us all the time (like how people out of nowhere would offer assistance, etc) we cry in wonder...we cry in humility of Allah's greatness! At one point Baibonn was so overwhelmed by the help she gotten, she asked God, "Is this time for me to go? Are you giving all these becos' it's time for me to go?" Hahaha..yes..Baibonn is also a bit crazy in the head (I say this in a kind way)

Baibonn is a peace builder.I'm arranging that the peace building team comes to IIUM to run workshops for our young ones (who come from all over the world).

Watch this space, folks.You may get invited.

4 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Salam,

Nice meeting you at your office this morning.Selamat mengunyah!Hehehe....

Faridah said...

tak sempat bawak balik ke rumah pun keropok Padang you tu..habeh I agih2kan kat budak2 kat opis.The dodol was so nice (but I left a small portion for Abg Nik awak.Dia pun suka dodol).Nasib yang lain tu tak boleh dimakan (kena goreng dulu).Kalau tak memang tak sempat sampai ke rumah.Duduk dalam air con ni cepat lapar!Macam winter. Hahaha.Thks.Harap2 mesjid tak apa2 kaorang nak kutip duit Jumaat tu plus the exhibition thing.Rasa mcm tak boleh je kot? Orang nak focus ibadah dgn Allah bukan nak tengok gambor.Kalau tak boleh, maybe we should try the library?

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Hehe..the 'dodol' is gelamai I've found in Payakumbuh morning market.I love merayau dalam pasar.The people are friendly.We even stumbled upon local delicacies similar to Malaysia's ones - cucur peneram di sana they call it "Paniaram".

According to my guide, kalau kenduri kahwin,it's one of 4 different foodstuff wajib bawak pi rumah pengantin perempuan (the rest - beras pulut(putih),wajik (hitam),paniaram tu and pulut kuning).

Terjumpa jugak rempeyek kacang and nagosari (nagasari di sini).

Tak patut betul tinggalkan se-coet aje gelamai for Pak Nik.hehehe..

On masjid thingy, ok kot sebab masa gaza last time dah buat dah kat masjid UIA tu.this time around just want to ask a little bit more space for video presentation on our works in gaza before even the first azan.at least they know where the money goes kan. Kalau depa tak bagi pun tak apa.

Cakap pasal masjid ni, I teringat masa pegi glasgow during my student days dulu, masjid central mosque depa siap ada billiard table for youth to lepak di masjid.I really hope that masjid di Malaysia could be more open to attract young ones to see mosque not only for ritual stuff only.

I kalau ada peluanglah, sanggup use the mosque compound to teach circus juggling to the youth so that they will not see masjid as a cold place to lepak.

lagi elok than ikut perangai tak faedah orang tua dan muda kita lepak kedai kopi berjam-jam kan?

Faridah said...

Awak pun bagi se-coet gemalai tu, padan la boleh bawak balik sikit ke rumah je pun.Jam teruk semalam I pun sampai nak termuntah2.I tak sempat pun ulor gemalai you to Abg Nik kau.Hahaha.Yang I tau anak I was testing it ("apa ni Ibu?")Kejap lagi I call dia. :))

Habis tu next trip you bring your mom...pinang je ler rawa kat situ bawak balik as wife.Let me knw happy news. :))