Friday, April 10, 2009

Thank God It's Friday

Patrick Yeoh and I
(fast forward pic, Saturday at DOME, KLCC)


1.Monthly meeting.Less stress cos' much was achieved and the future looks bright.Heh.
2.Lunch with Dr H and Dr S and Dr P at Dr H's 5-star hospital.Wough...macam hotel.Even the Cafeteria's chef is Australian.Makan sedap.Company gila2.I think people were staring at us.I think we were quite noisy and they were quite nosy. :))
3.Sorted out the hiccups with IIUM Printing.The GM is a pleasant chap.
4.Comm meeting at DELL.Syukur, some good news.Need to work harder.More ideas to work on.
5.Did a quiz on "Which Msian leader are you?"Ended up as Khalid Ibrahim.Hahaha.He's not female.I am very.
6.Early day at KLCC besok (brunch with Patrick Yeoh). Will take public transport.Malas nak drive.Nik pi hantar servis kereta.Z and I might go and see a movie after brunch.Or just shop.Tengok dulu.
7.Looking for a nice restaurant to dine/lunch with friends.Nik says 39.Don't know where that is.Hilton at Sentral is nice (nice view of Tasik Perdana).Maybe we go food tasting on Sunday.
8.Apa-apapun, thank God it's Friday!

4 comments:

zubin said...

what a five star life. I bengang dgn comittee yang sorted out the questions for final exam, pandai2 ubah benda without asking the owner. Next time suruh dia ajar, kalau terasa dah pandai sangat! Now they are not answering my complain!!!

Faridah said...

Oh yeaah ke? Did you talk to Prof Q on this? They are supposed to consult you dulu but I think the distance kot? Maklum lah you kat tempat lain.So budak2 benggang? Budak2 I pun benggang sebab soalan I susah kata mereka.But mine are excellent students so I don't worry so much sebab they are pgrads.

We ended up lunching at Marjan (since Nik met up with us at KLCC after my brunch with Pat Yeoh.I grew up on Pat's NST columns in the 70s.Tak sangka dapat jumpa dia.Dia pulak yang ajak I keluar minum kopi and when two writers met..2 jam tak rasa apa!).

I liked Marjan tapi rasa terkongkong sikit ruang dia.Besok I want to check out Sentral Hilton.Kalau bagus, boleh I bwk kawan I pi lunch next week(owe him and his family a lunch).I have found out where 39 is.Alaa..Sime Darby tu...dekat Nikko.I pernah minum je kat situ tak pernah dine (I know it as Sime Darby).Where is nice to eat if you want to belanja a good friend? Hang pun kaki lepak, kan?

Humaira Bt. Raslie said...

:) DR F!Mr Patrick told me that he had lunch with you last saturday; didnt expect to see the picture on ur blog, though. M sure he's honored to knw that you are his fan. hahaha.

Working with him is an amazing thing, and it is a pity that he'll b leaving soon=( Without him, i don't think i'd get my daily dose of literature-discussion, becoz this place is very linguistic-oriented.

Faridah said...

Yes..I'm sure he isn't aware of a generation of sch kids in the 70s who grew up on his writings (and Adibah Amin's As I Was Passing).I've yet to meet Lat.I had a crush on him as a young teenager (12? 13?15?).Hahaha.And one day he sent me a nice card of a flying pig.It said, "Even pigs can fly."Hmm alahai! Lat hantar ke I pigs! But he drew me my fav character Epit (tak pakai baju) :))

You are lucky to be trained by Pat.Have courage and confidence that you too can excel (all we need is to find excellent gurus to keep us going.I never stop looking.With the internet, it is even easier!)