Friday, August 07, 2009

3 days quarantine

I took leave for 2 days post ICC09.On the second day, I started to have chills and muscle ache.Pi doctor dia kata tak demam (guna alat mcm nak check demam budak kecik) walhal I felt hot on the forehead and body.Doctors hari ni....

On 3rd day, I decided to check for H1N1 (selsema babi).They say only UH and Hosp Sg Buloh can do the examining.I rang up Sg Buloh tanya queue panjang ke.Gal who answered the ph said they usually attend to serious cases je and suggested I go to Klinik Sg Buloh.Wough..queue panjang beratus2.When I get to see the doctor, bukan je dia tak check I demam ke tak, dia tak mau kasi I mc.Her reason: I tak demam (mana dia tau? Tak periksa pun.She percaya bulat2 when I told her I was at another klinik the day before and the doc kata I tak demam).Terok betul doktor hari ni!

So I went to my panel dekat rumah (by now I am very2 weak already).Dr Eka is a very thorough doctor.Sekali tengok dia dah tau kita sakit apa.I was happy to see her on duty.She checked me (guna film tu) and confirmed I demam.Terus she put me on a 3-day quarantine sebab I have all the symptoms of H1N1 (except my sore throat tak terok sgt). This morning I woke up with a wheezy chest walhal I bukan asthmatic.Mengikut panduan Doc Koh, I minum dua gelas air halia campur gula merah (cara buat: tumbuk halia and rebus in air lebihkurang 2 gelas.Add in brown sugar sikit).By the time I went to the Sg Buloh doc and my panel doc, there was no sign of a wheezy chest. :))

Koh baru ni la nak cakap I kena ambik Vit C and Vit B to enhance my immunity.

Pls pray I'd recover soon.This year byk kali I get ill.I jarang get ill.Not even a flu.

11 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Moga you cepat sembuh.AMIN!

Faridah said...

thks.And I hope your parents are not too shakened by the accident.Macamana boleh berlaku? Langgar dgn apa?

Yati said...

Hope you will be better soon..

Zetty said...

Get well soon, Dr. Faridah. Mostly because I don't want anyone else to supervise me :P

Faridah said...

Yati and Zetty: thanks for your good wishes.Patutlah dalam Islam, fardu kifayah ziarah org sakit..even comforting words help. :))

You gals ambik Vit C and B daily.Prevention is better than cure.Doa mesti jgn lupa.

Asma' Umm Hudzaifah said...

Get well soon Dr. Faridah, u r in my prayer.

Faridah said...

Thks Asma.Happy belated bday to you.May Allah shower you with His blessings.Musim demam2 ni jgn keluar in public area. :)

jooli said...

Get well soon.
BTW, been a long time not browsing blogs. But I saw your question abt my comment: puasa Nabi Daud. It's done like our puasa, but on alternate days.
Doing CLA assignment ni!

Faridah said...

Jooli: I see.I think the way we do our puasa is the best (provided we berbuka the right way too).I will want to do more puasa sunat now.Is there an explanation to why Nabi Daud fasted every alternate day?

Selamat Berpuasa to you too.I think I'd slow down going to ramadan bazaar buying foods during this trying period.

Mok Cik Bambina (hentam sajalah) said...

sad to hear that u were in quarantine for 3 days..pasai demam..and geram la jugak pasai docs zaman sekarang..adoi.

in fact i also had fever last 2 weeks and now im fully recovered. alhamdulillah. memang musim orang demam now.

u know, in my recovery process, i went to times square jalan2 pakai mask sbb x sembuh lagi. then budak2 sekolah yg melepak kat the times tu dgn ignorant+nye yelled out loud at me n my frens (all of us pakai mask) "woi woi virus H1N1..virus H1N1!!" and i was like: hari2 dalam tv and radio n even dalam paper dok announce pasal H1N1..diorang boleh buat takde apa2..like nothing can happen to them..geramnye..and i said back to them "eh kurang ajarnye mulut!" and diorang melawan balik! haih...budak2 zaman sekarang..

been praying for u to get well soon. ameen.

Faridah said...

Lina^Chan,

Hahaha..agaknya budak2 tu bukan ejek you pakai mask but the fact that you boleh jalan2 bawak virus you.Tapi still tak civilised kan terjerit2 gitu depan orang.I'm getting better but the cough is still here.And kesan drugs pun kuat lagi.