Monday, August 03, 2009

Moving on

Dr A and I were shaking hands at the closure of ICC09 and I told her this: people can criticise, condemn, belittle, humiliate us but I think we made it (knowing how susah it was to see the project to its finishing line). I told her I could not have done without her perseverance and she told me the same thing.Kalau tak terlalu penat, we could have hugged and cried as Kingsmen's men dismantled the booths past Asr.And I thanked every one of my colleagues and participants (mana yang sempat).

And now I want to reclaim my life.Budak2 volunteers (nyata so happy with the experience we gave them via the project) eagerly asked when the next big project was going to be.I said I wasn't thinking and I don't want to think.So soon. One of my legs is already thinking of going back to my Kull to teach fulltime and quit admin post.

I finished reviewing 4 articles for a Pakistani journal today and somehow ahead of theses advising and examining (I thought of taking leave today but have to go back to work sebab I had said yes to give a short speech and bagi hadiah to women debaters..they have their grand finale today.Syok juga nak dengar). I'll see Dr Lau for my acupuncture treatment after work, kalau sempat.Dr Wan was saying he tried to chase me for something but I walked so fast that he was not able to catch up with me.This is indeed good news.Maknanya the leg is getting better.

Next is to work on an interview with Ben Anderson.Yang ini I tak sabar nak buat.This is my REAL love.

p/s my car of 6 years was driven away last nite (I am emotionally attached to my Proton Wira.It had served me well, witness to many things in my life).Nik bought me a new car for being a good wife of 22 years.Heh.Thank you, darling! May God tambah lagi rezeki.

No comments: